Tennessee Track Controversy

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Unimane, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

OK, as a track guy myself, what in the hell is going on over there on the Hil in regards to the new track coach. I have, literally, never heard of the shit she's trying to pull there with the banning of athletes from participating in the program. I have heard of coaches pulling stuff like this in the off-season when the kids have an opportunity to transfer or redshirt, whatever. But, why even tell these kids they can't participate? Even if they aren't good enough (debatable, seeing their times and pedigree), at least let them, possibly, surprise you with their abilities in the Indoor and Outdoor season before telling them they aren't a fit. I've never seen a situation in which a coach could so effectively burn bridges. I know, as a track coach myself, that UT coming to my school and recruiting some of my athletes would give me pause and I'm a ****ing alum who's been a die hard Vol fan since the 80s.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Another national championship level program we decided to kill.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is an embarrassment is what it is. Her pulling that crap is a disgrace and she should be kicked on her our ass with a box with her office stuff tossed on her head. Then the door locked behind her.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

No way she made a commitment to Tennessee and we need to honor that commitment

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read about this yesterday. Once the school year begins, pulling something like this is just disgraceful.

6. NorrisAlan

Exactly. Hey, I am all for telling those girls "Sorry, but you will never run here again. I think you should find another school to run at." It happens in other sports all the time.

But to wait until four weeks into the semester and then say "**** off" and ban them from the complex is ludicrous. Hart needs to jump on this and apologize to those girls, allow them back into the complex and spin this thing like a stationary bike.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Identify your own fatal flaws in this one, NA.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hart doing something correctly.

9. NorrisAlan

First flaw I see is me asking Hart to do anything. I am sure there are some other hypocritical ones as well (losing scholly/complex access after semester vs during semester).

edit; IP beat me to my own analysis.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is it common to have a woman coaching male athletes? I guess this is the 21st century and all, but the last guy we hired was an accomplished women's coach and he bombed. This one has done both, but it looks like the majority of her achievements were with the women's teams.

11. Unimane

Not very common, but I think most of the athletes booted were women.

Still, this ranks as one of the top two or three most embarrassing things I've seen from the UT Athletic Department.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What is worse? I've read 2 news stories and am convinced the Coach made it a priority to **** over an 18 year old immediately after taking the job in June.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a great leader and another amazing hire.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been meaning to post this.

The fact she did this is bad enough.

The fat she's being allowed to do this is downright disgusting, especially when the man in charge has prided himself on being an AD that cares about the student-athletes.

15. Unimane

Exactly.

And, again, I'm a track coach in this state. Can someone tell me a good reason why I would want one of my athletes to consider running for this person? I'm trying to do the best thing for my kids, so what can I say to them about accepting a scholarship to UT?

16. NorrisAlan

Has anyone checked to see if she is Dooley in drag?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Seems like the entire AD needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from the ground up. If only there were someone in East Tennessee who is qualified for the AD position.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Possibly someone who is currently in an equivalent position right now. Someone who made two successful basketball hires in his first few months. Someone overseeing a football program that won it's first SoCon title in forever in his first year.

Drawing a blank, though.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Nah lets just hire Phil

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I am, too. UTC didn't win the SoCon last year.