Tennessee's Future

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Sep 17, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Jones isn't anywhere near as bad as Dooley. Step back from the ledge friends.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's all I'm saying

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

DeBord was a worse hire. We knew what he was. Sunseri was at least competent at the level he was coaching at. DeBord never was.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I disagree.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If UF wins by 21+, we may not have to wait that long. Butch has done pretty well avoiding blowout losses, but we could be in for a hurtin on Saturday.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

UF isn't that good. They won't out talent us. The coaching is bad enough for us to lose, but probably not horrendously. If we lose, I hope it's more very obvious in game decision making.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not as a coach he wasn't. It's utter lunacy to think otherwise.

Dooley is a bigger piece of shit human being, but a much better xs & os coach than Butch ever dreamed about being.

And you know I despised Dooley.

8. JayVols

I really wish I had your confidence that anyone A. Knows what the hell they are doing down there and B. Have any balls at all to do anything about it.

As an aside, when Andre Ware and the other announcers, who most I find speak out of their asses most of the time, can see that going shotgun on the 1 yard line is idiotic & also see that Jalen Hurd eould be even more of a beast with a QB under center snd a fullback in the I would be damn near unstoppable, you know your offensive philosophy & those behind it suck.

9. JayVols

I ride with BPV an 'em.

10. TDVol1989

It will be a fully inept offense, running for less than 125 yds, getting sacked 7 times, and 3 offensive turnovers. UF's defensive line is good enough to embarrass us.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Like last year or in 2013 when Peterman made his first career start?

12. JayVols

In the Swamp, if not mistaken.

13. JayVols

Anyone watch/listen to Butch's postgame excuse making bullshit session?

I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to listen to that hack.

14. TDVol1989

In the Worst Coach Olympics, I agree. Butch has out-recruited Dooley and enjoyed the post Franklin years and the fall of Spurrier. So, his record is better. But he seriously cannot coach the game of football. Or, settle it on the field. Dooley beat Butch. Settled.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It all counts, though.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Here is a comment from the on-field reporter at the game today when asked about the o line issues. He says communication issues and other problems....[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm okay with someone saying Dooley was better if they just mean X's and O's. But if we're talking all-around college football head coach, it's really not close.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

serious question: what the hell has happened to the offensive line? mostly to Coleman Thomas. for some reason, I feel like that unit could be decent if Thomas weren't a weak link.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Does Hall come back next week?

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Dooley was a disaster, but I think you should wait a month and reevaluate. After 3 games it's clear there is no turning the corner. Butch's house of cards is about to collapse.