Tennessee's next four opponents

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

are a combined 16-0 right now.

Not looking good for Dooley.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We aren't going to be putting that 1 in the L column, that's for sure. The only question for me is after which game will the hammer fall?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'd fire him the Monday following the third loss of that stretch.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think we can beat Mississippi state but that doesn't mean we will. We have two weeks to prepare for them. Could end up being his first big win.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

just theoretically speaking, what would a 2-2 stretch right here mean for Dooley and his future?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would still need to win out to have a prayer for another season.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

a lone loss to Vandy/Mizzou would still get him to eight wins in this scenario. You don't think that's enough? I fear it would.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not with how bad I think the losses to Bama and UGA will be. I'm talking losing by a combined 80+ points. A loss to Vandy after that would mean Hart either fires him immediately or he is a gutless coward that would prefer to sacrifice next season and prolong the rebuilding so he doesn't have to make a tough decision.

As bad as it is now, this is Dooley's heyday. It is only gettin worse after 2012.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The "I support the UT coach always" crowd will find some sliver of unreasonable hope in a 2-2 record, or probably even a well placed victory amongst a 1-3. God forbid something insane happens against Alabama and the tools will want to give him a 10 year extension.

I do know that there will be a lot of chatter about "revenge" the Kentucky week from those types and make me want to crawl into hole for the shame of it.

10. Volalum

Volalum Member

Barring some crazy turnaround, we don't get another W until Troy. After that we get 1, maybe 2 more.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I still think Dooley will win one he has no business winning before he gets fired. But I keep saying that and it has yet to happen.

Also, it appears to me that UGA is a hair overrated at the moment. Don't take this as me thinking the Vols will win... But I'm not convinced by them yet and I wouldn't be surprised if the Vols hung around this week longer than they should.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They have Dooley's number. Bloodbath.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Who doesn't?

14. govols74n

govols74n New Member

I agree. We will hang around until the third quarter, then go into panic mode like It's the zombie apocalypse. After watching Akron, we are completely screwed. None of the other SEC qb's seem to choke under pressure as much as ours have. And the other Defenses don't make major mistakes on nearly "every" down.....deep sh-t for Dooley, hope he has his waders on......It's gonna smell real nasty here in a few weeks folks. Time for yardwork.....

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The idea of us going 2-2 through October is so preposterous, I can only take it as yet another symptom of how battered we are as a fanbase. We have had so much misfortune, we can't imagine even having the "fortune" of Dooley just finishing what he started.

It is [ddiapos]. We will lose often and by wide margins.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Georgia State. GBO!

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We really need to beat Mississippi State to keep tradition. The Monday following a loss in Columbia

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If Akron had a good to decent QB, they would have beat us yesterday. He helped our D a bunch.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not a bad way of putting it.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm afraid of a fluke win (yes, I know how unlikely it seems) allowing people to be taken in by a potential 5 game winning streak. I want him fired midseason so that we don't have to listen to people talking about how he's turning things around. If we beat Mississippi State but are blown out by Georgia and Alabama, I'd be okay firing him before South Carolina.