Tenny Time

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Let me work up something that fits that. In the meantime though maybe you can clear something up for me on JFK: From the end of the Cuban Missile Crisis to the death of Patrick 9 or 10 months later, would it be fair to say that this is when Kennedy was somewhat removed and his sleeping around intensified?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Removed from what / who? Jackie? His duties?

His sleeping around was a constant - it might have been the single most stable element of his life. He had a former intern / college student upstairs in the WH on the night he announced the missiles in Cuba to the world, and he had forced Jackie and the kids out to a “safer” location.

He went skinny dipping with two interns (affably named Fiddle and Faddle) multiple times a week, often in the middle of the day, often leading to sex. That pool area is still there today, it’s just had a floor installed over it, and it’s now the White House Press room.

He was once screwing a German woman with direct ties to Hitler and who the FBI suspected was a spy...all while he was in the Navy and his dad was serving as US Ambassador to UK. J Edgar went to dad, who told him to knock it off. He didn’t, so they transferred him to Charleston, away from her. He started bringing her down there. The FBI surveiled him for an entire weekend that he stayed locked up with her in a hotel, and their notes say that they only left to “attend Mass on Sunday”. They had to deport her to get him away from her.

He’d meet the wife of an aid or some DC power broker at a WH event / party / dinner, sneak off and screw her, return to the party and do it again.

He’d have USSS bring women he’d met / liked / trusted into the WH. They’d be told to lie on the bed, panties off, to wait for him to walk in, and to not engage him in conversation unless he initiated it. A few minutes later, he’d walk in, drop his pants to his knees, screw them, finish and walk out without uttering a single word.

He was on a vacation with his buddies, sailing around the Mediterranean Sea, when Jackie suffered a miscarriage of their first child. He didn’t want to cut the vacation short and had to be convinced to do so - and even then, it was only the mention of how it’d look politically that ultimately convinced him.

He had a super high libido (duh) but also had Addison’s Disease, and took steroids and a cocktail of pain killers for his back... and which some speculate only further increased it.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Were the cocaine parties factual?

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm normally not a Stephen King fan but a friend of mine that I trust on books told me to read 11/22/63

If you're into fiction, you should check it out.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is it 275,000 pages long?

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Only 225,000

7. Tenacious D

Have read it. The book is good (sortof hard to close all of the plot holes), and the series of the same on Hulu was terrible.

8. Tenacious D

I’ve never read about cocaine specifically, but his injections had “uppers” (some form of amphetamine) and pain killers.

There are accounts of his smoking weed.

Some of the trouble with questions like this (I love’em, but just trying to be honest) is multi-faceted:

1. JFK was a particularly “cloistered” person, meaning, even for a politician / POTUS. He had a very tight and close circle of friends and confidants, and

2. Several of these people close to him have remarked at how “compartmentalized” he was. Friends were friends, people he worked with he worked with (as an example, his speechwriter and decades long JFK authority Ted Sorensen gave a voice to his vision...spent years being hurt that JFK never so much as invited him to dinner), and family was family (this was instilled by his father, Joe Sr., who often said that family is all that really ever matters). And then there was strata of intimacies amongst those groups, so just because you’re a friend, doesn’t mean that you were as close as another, and as a result privy to everything another friend may know. So, they often all had a different vision / opinion of the man and his motives.

3. JFK was equal parts fiercely loyal and protective, and expected the same from those around him. If he had even a wiggle of suspicion that you weren’t as proactively pro-JFK as he expected, you were done, son. Done-done. Immediately cut off, cast out and aside, forever. His death and the strong desire to protect his legacy greatly furthered this sense of silence and trust - and his family would still hold you to that all-in-or-all-out standard, even after his death.

So, if one person spoke up and said he did cocaine, it’d be extraordinary. It’d border on miraculous for another to corroborate it.

9. NorrisAlan

I just cannot fathom being that kind of person, so compartmentalized and closed off. I am a very open person, what you see with me is, I hope, what I am.

10. Tenacious D

Well, if you had tbe sort of sexualised urges that he had, you might get more compartmentalized than you think.

You might have no choice.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm up tho chapter 8, I pick it up every time I have a quiet minute to read. Thanks for the recommendation

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I compartmentalize everyone. Not to extremes, but I put people in categories and don’t like for them to intermingle. It’s irrational, but is my nature.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Quick question: Do you prefer Asians use the white or colored restrooms?

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

White, based on median income.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

Interesting. Has this always been your nature? Not to delve into things not my business.

And am I in the NYY compartment or the Cool Kid compartment?

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For as long as I can remember.

I've got my work friends. I've got my old high school buddies. I've got college friends. I've got friends from the gym, neighborhood, etc. I'd never have a party and invite all of them over. Instead, I'd have 6 different parties to host each of the groups individually. I don't want them intermingling. It has to be some warped sense of control shit.

It makes no sense. It's kinda George Costanza, "worlds are colliding, Jerry!"

My worst fear is all of them getting together and hanging out at my funeral.

justingroves and reVOLt like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

You know all 4 wives are going to show up at your funeral.

JT5 likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always done the same thing, but never really given it any thought. Is this not a normal thing?

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Would you be a wreck if all those groups got together?

I’d just no-show my own party if all were mixing.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not really, but I've just always assumed it would be a shitty party with random groups of people that know each other, but not people from the other groups.