Thank you, Butch (for doing your job)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by chavisut, Nov 29, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Beat a lot of expectations but it was painful to watch a lot of it. Just glad to go bowling.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

A win is a win. I hate vandy.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The only thing I'm happy about now regarding Butch is that he's not Dooley. It shouldn't have been possible for Vandy to stay within 10 points of us tonight, yet it was possible under this fool.

Most of all, I ****ing hate the idea that expectations have fallen so low for fans of this program that one would consider saying "thank you" for going ****ing 6-6.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, thanks Butch for not effing up .500, barely.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Win the game. Play again in a month.

There will be time for all the pissing and moaning and [itch bay]ing and whining on another day.

7. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

It was butt ugly, but they got it done.

Happy for the win. ....despite what we all think of Vandy, we had plenty of opportunities to lose.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's better than the alternative.

We get another game. I'm not thrilled with how we looked, but it's still miles better than alternative.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Sounding all VFL VN-ish up in here. This win is a win crap is just that...crap. Play well! Thats what i want.

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The play calling on our 4th qtr offensive drives was a new low for me.

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

And a 5th straight losing season is upon us. At least we get a participation trophy so everyone can feel good.

12. chavisut

If you are someone that is adamant that moral victories don't exist, you shouldn't complain about a win. Moral losses don't exist either playa.

13. chavisut

Thought it was a pretty good parody thread myself.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Low Country Volstradamus eh?

15. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I understand the cross the "no excuses" crowd bares and I agree that this is not where we should be.

...except for the fact that it's stone cold reality.

We're stuck with a coach who can recruit, but is better at catchphrases than actual coaching.

I'm not gonna lie to myself and stop watching. So my only real option is to be patient, not invest too much money/emotion in this and hope we fall ass backwards into some good fortune.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It was, but I needed to get it off my chest.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I like that picture. Players look happy and that is all that matters at that point. Would be easy to pke fun but let them enjoy the moment.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I suppose limping ass-backwards over the finish line is better than not getting there at all. But we still suck and I don't see that changing under Big East Butch.