Thanks Butch: The Anithetical View

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Nov 29, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

For going into this season with the attitude that it was a throw away year.

For sticking with the shit-show that was Worley when it was obvious that he is at best a Southern Conference talent.

For exacerbating the aforementioned shit-show by refusing to alter your offense so that it at least didn't highlight our inadequacies.

For not only talking about playing Nathan Peterman but actually playing him..... More than once.

For it taking UT's 10th straight loss to Florida for you to finally realize that we will actually attempt to hold you accountable for your $3 million dollar salary by expecting wins against a shitty rival with an even shittier coach.

For achieving the bare minimum to get to an early December bowl game on a Tuesday night in some rusted out flyover city where it will be colder than a witch's ti tty wearing a brass bra while doing push-ups in the snow.

For standing by your bad OC and even worse OL coach and having the balls to try to tell us they're the best in the country.

For making an impotent Vandy look more like a 3 loss team than a 3 win team.

For being an absolutely terrible in-game coach.

For going into halftime with 3 TOs in your pocket and over a minute and a half on the clock then wasting critical TO's at the end of a critical game.

And perhaps most of all, for being the best damn cliche' man in the business. At least we're #1 at something.

Feel free to add to the list, folks.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I hope Michigan hires him

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Don't forget, most followed HC on the twitta. #1 at two things.

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Jay, the thing you and I are on the same page about MORE than anything else is the belief that Butch blew this year off.

Yes, it's good to go back to a bowl. But, I think with these major programs part of your job is protecting the school's pride and reputation. Butch is playing for 2015 or 2016 and, if we take dings in the short term, so be it. We ended the season with 2 uninspired performances. How is that supposed to give me hope? I want to see a team play hard, dominate those with lesser talent, and play the important games like they matter. The offensive play calling in the 4th QTR was the worst in my 30yrs of Vol watching.

In retrospect, we finished with about the record I expected. But, we didn't play good football. I want to play good football.

5. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I have the disturbing feeling that he may be trying to manage certain talent for the future, but that his coaching performance is actually the best he can do. He will look better than he does now by virtue of talent improvements, but I believe he is an 8-4 or 9-3 type of coach and his flaws will keep showing up. He is, after all, the man who was blown out of Neyland Stadium by a [ddiapos] team.

Edit: By the way, the blowout loss was at the hands of the Dooley team that lost to Kentucky

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014