Thanks Obama- Prez blamed for counterfeiting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 14, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well hot damn, let me fire up the color printer!

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's one of the best quotes I've ever read.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wonder if she made his birth certificate

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, she read it online. To say Obama DIDN'T make a law allowing her to print money is just a biased point of view.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to making legit counterfeit (oxymoron) money, but if I did, I figure the only two places you could use without a serious fear of getting caught by the law would be drugs and buying from ticket scalpels.

7. NorrisAlan

Counterfeit money is hard, hard, hard to do. The paper alone is a very special paper and cannot easily be copied. And if people look for the security strip in the paper, forget about it.

But you can pass it off if you do it smartly and choose your targets. I know when I was a cashier at Kroger (I was 19 years old), I know for a fact I took a fake 100 dollar bill. I thought it felt funny when he gave it to me, but didn't think too much about it. Later, after he left, I took it and snapped it in my hands, and a corner came off very easily. Again, I didn't think anything about it, as I was young and stupid. But now, I know for a fact it was fake.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The paper is one of the easiest things to get a hold of.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Printed on cotton, isn't it?

10. fl0at_

It is a special blend of various fabrics, but you're not thinking outside the box.

11. NorrisAlan

With the thread fibers in it, much less the security strip? I know you can simulate the feel of it, but the paper itself I thought (sans the security strip even) was fairly hard to come by. But my knowledge is from documentaries and articles on paper money and its history, so I very well may be wrong.

EDIT: Unless you are talking about raising dollar bills.

12. fl0at_

I can go to the bank right now, and for $100, buy 100 sheets of the necessary paper (100, $1 bills). If I were enterprising enough, I could then bleach that paper, and turn it into.. $5 (no strip), $10 (no strip), or $20 (no strip). And make a nice little profit. And all I had to do was go buy the paper. From a bank!

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

North Korea does a good job counterfeiting it

14. NorrisAlan

That would be my biggest fear if I was the Secret Service. Nation States sponsoring the counterfeiting will make something just as real as the real thing.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If they were smart they would shut that operation down and negotiate a short term nuclear deal while this administration is still in office.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Who are the "[itch bay]es" she's talking about?

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds racist.

18. Beechervol

Anybody and everybody.

19. Beechervol

New business venture.

Awesome

20. NorrisAlan

Liiiiiitle problem with that whole (no strip) part.