The 2014 Tennessee football crossroads

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 2, 2014.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

After a conference win on the road against a Spurrier coached team, does Tennessee relax and feel that they've accomplished something or do they rally around this result and Josh Dobbs and play with confidence the rest of the season and become bowl eligible?

I think this stretch of games will be a huge indicator as to whether Butch can get us headed in the right direction. If he looses this team, he's another Dooley with a better recruiting record. Win out and it will be a huge stepping stone into next year with a ton of talent and, all of a sudden, lots of experience on the field. GBO

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Dobbs and Hurd give Tennessee a great shot

I actually think we go bowling

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Bye week helps. Get rested, put this win behind them, and get focused. 6 wins should happen. I'm still not confident in 7, but there's not an opponent left with a better roster than ours.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

What ever you do Butch and team, do not take your foot off the gas.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Please. Please. I am happy and surprised they didn't over think the game plan and ran the ball a shitton.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They still tried a few BS slow developing lateral plays inside the ten when defense was up close to the line. I fear that once Josh Smith returns we'll go back to 50% of our first down offense being bubble screens to Smith, effectively eliminating Hurd from the series.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If we get the Dobbs from last night, the rest of the season, we'll win out.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They have the benefit of playing at home and a bye before Kentucky.

They haven't beaten Missouri since they joined the SEC so no reason to take them lightly and it's at home.

They owe Vandy an ass whipping and Vandy sucks.

They should win at least. 2 of those.

9. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

We win 2 of 3

Missouri D is good, so I'm not sold on us beating then

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

what the count said.

Glad we have the bye - UK is better than usual.

Completely depends on which Mizzou team shows up and if they are playing for the E Division win.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No reason to not go bowling now.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wake up wake up wake up...

It's the first of the month.

13. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

People be gettin they EBT refilled

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Wakey

Wakey

Hand off snakey

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've got zero reason to think this team is going to quit.

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I don't think they'll beat Missouri. Just not feeling that one.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My thoughts were the final four games were going to tell me a lot about this staff. So far, they got a road win and that is big. But they still have a lot of work to do to get me back to my pre-Florida thoughts. Butch actually looked like he had a fire under his ass last night. There was an urgent air about him on the sidelines. I would like to think the heat he has gotten the last few weeks has woken him up.

I think we win out and some how get to the 7-5 record I predicted before the season started. That looked impossible just 8 days ago.

GBO

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mizzou is a terrible matchup for Tennessee. They have an excellent pass rush and Mauk just wins. I think it will be an ugly dogfight of a game

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dobbs seems to be a neutralizer against that pass rush. I don't feel good about that game, but there's really nothing on their roster that stands out as a major concern.