The 2016 Masters

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Exciting time for professional golf right now.

Big 3, scott, dj, bubba, etc. I'll go with Henrik Stenson to break through and get one this week.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No chance putting these greens.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Has anyone here actually played Augusta National?

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Majors pool squad (total money won)
    Phil
    Rickie
    Bubba
    Na

DFS:

Casey
    Day
    Kaufman
    Moore
    Oostie
    Willet

Berger
    DeChambeau
    Kuchar
    McIroy
    Poulter
    Stenson

Cabrera-Bello
    Fowler
    Haas
    Mickletits
    Moore
    Na

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Merely a warm up for the U.S. Open IMO

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I have.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Break 100?

8. NorrisAlan

You are now on the back pocket list.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've been there.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. I was a little better than scratch at the time and didn't break 80. They didn't have the championship tees even available at the time. It was still long, but the premium is on irons. You can hit good shots and have no prayer at par.

Not sure I could break 90 from tips at champy speeds.

Sorry. Was response to Alan.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

BPV is the guy they modeled the Dos Equis commercials after

12. NorrisAlan

I have never even been to Augusta, but it is one of those things that if I had the chance I would love to experience. To actually get to play? I would be afraid to leave a divot much less walk on the greens and potentially mess them up.

I imagine when you do get to play a venue like that, and you are decent at the game, and struggle, a new respect must come up for the real pros.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No problem here. Thanks for quoting my post as another reminder I've been to the Masters, because I like to make others jealous of me having been to the Mastes.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

**** you.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They hit it better and have touch people wouldn't believe.

16. NorrisAlan

When I lived in CT, I would work at the Hartford Open holding up the little QUIET signs (except when Faldo was hitting, he hated seeing those signs and we got special instructions not to hold them up when he was hitting). And you are right. Those guys can all pound it, can all hit it from 190 yards out and make it land like they walked up and set it where they wanted it.

The biggest thing they have is their chipping and putting skills. It always astounded me.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I turned down Saturday passes to coach 4yo and watch 6yo soccer. I am the best father or the dumbest ****er ever.

There is a story here about a local kid here who though he could make a living playing. His father took him to a Bowling Green pro who had coached, among others, Kenny Perry to get an honest evaluation of his chances. The kid stood on the range booming drives and turning irons left and right for about 15 minutes before pro put him in a cart, drove him about 40 yards from #1 green and dropped 10 balls. Kid hits like 9 of 10 on the green, and they drive back.

Pro tells father, "PGA pros hit 8 of those balls in a hula hoop. The best hit all 10." That was the eval.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You been before?

Your answer to that will determine if you're the best father ever or dubest ****er ever.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

No.

20. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]