The 2024 hype-filled make not make it until opening kickoff thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 3, 2024.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The portal TE is a big, physical dude. If Spraggins returns we have maulers on the interior line.

2. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

My problem with playoffs is the way they get structured. There is always a Bama loophole. Lose to LSU but get rematch. Dont go to conference game but still win NC. Etc. etc. They back in to the games because! Why the love for traditionally one of the most egregious cheating programs in all of college FB?

If Bama was 12-0 this year and lost to Ga in the SEC then the 4 teams would have been Mi Was Ga and Al.

The committee would have found a way. So SEC and playoffs are going wrong way. Need 4 divisions, a semi and a final, and mandatory that you win conference to get into final 4. Your semi and conference games should be considered playoffs. Bama would have gone this year in this case but a 12 team structure almost guarantees they will be in the playoff for as far as the eyes can see.

If they slip up I want them treated just like UT, LSU, Aub or Ga. I have always hated them since college after meeting their fans in the dorms. I went from dislike but respect to no respect and hatred. The princess treatment and entitled fans chap my a$#.

Now out of self interest as a UT fan I hoped that we would get division play with our div being Uk UT SC and Vandy. We win that div 7/10 years or better. We face Ga or Fla in those years in the Semi and maybe Bama or LSU in a final. Get hammered? Over the last decade sure or maybe recruiting gets a top five boost even with Butch et al because a playoff run is likely and could be sold to recruits.

We saw in our last NC we had to be prefect to get the nod. Bama not so much.

Now lets hope the cheaters named MI have to vacate their NC and that somehow Bama starts to fade as a power.

The perfect College FB week is a UT win and Bama loss.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Preferably on the same field

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Out of those three, Coach Heupel. Why? 1. I'm a big homer. 2. I think he's a better coach and than the other 2 (objectively). Now, how soon and does he do it at Tennessee is another matter.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Who will decide he wants an elite offense AND an elite defense first…Heupel or Riley? So far both seem content to have great offense and let the defensive chips fall where they may.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Heupel is at least trying to recruit defense

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If last year's offense had put out at a normal heupel level, the defense narrative would be very different. They did get some stops and win some games. They also made some games competitive when the offense did nothing for a half

Memtownvol, justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

West Tennessee got internet

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel is at least landing the Pearce and Ross type pass rushers and keeps a guy like Garner on staff.

Riley looks at defense as a nuisance

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

West Tennessee always had the internet, dingus

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I guess they've had it for a few years. I've been seeing more Cardinals fans who figured out how to get out ever since Siri started reading Google Maps out loud.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, I'd take a punch for lampley. This is the kind of thing vol fans celebrate. Not transferring in for 2 years and then out all in the division.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bleeds it. His family is all vol

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Next man up on PATs.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Get him in the end zone, Josh.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here is signed 5 star Mike Matthews looking amazing in the Polynesian Bowl out in hawaii...

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He looks like the biggest guy on the field

justingroves likes this.
  20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t mean to pick on Lampley, but these official announcements are pretty cheesy. I could make a similarly worded announcement of my next dump.