The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Did I just see Bray Wyatt finally win something?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

WTF was that?

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Probably gonna fight again at WM

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Surprising to say the least

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Follow the buzzards

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

RIP George The Animal Steele.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Watched the last 3 matches of Wrestlemania tonight. Having never seen a pay-per-view wrestling event before, I must say I was a bit disappointed.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You watched a 52 year old needing hip replacement retire, a bunch of women and a guy wrestling his 3rd match in twelve years against a part timer.

Goldberg Lesnar was fun, if you didn't like that you're probably not going to like wrestling. The Undertaker match wasn't great, but it's a guy that's wrestled since the 80's retiring.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Goldberg/Lesnar was okay. Kind of felt like a video game where both players used a cheat code to unlock unlimited finishers. At a certain point, a "finisher" should actually be a finisher, not a move your opponent recovers from 15 seconds later.

I get it with the Undertaker, I just thought there were a number of better ways they could have sent him out while also potentially improving the general fan view of Roman Reigns. I've heard that he just sucks and no one likes him. But seriously, I thought of two significantly better endings to that whole ordeal pretty much within 15 minutes of watching. Seems like they could have done better.

I went back and watched a few highlights. The Hardy Boyz thing was cool, and I thought the first match with Shane was pretty well orchestrated.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get that, but Goldberg can only do two moves. His entire career was built on 2 minute squash matches. The only time he attempted to do much of anything else, he sent people to the hospital.

There's a lot of different ways that could have went, but that's what Vince wanted. The terrible storytelling has followed Reigns around because Vince has hand selected him to be the next "guy".

The Hardy Boys made my inner child happy, but they're two 40 year olds jumping off 14 ft ladders, they can't do it much longer.

Shane McMahon has no regard for his well being

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hardy return was awesome, and I never cared for the Hardys.

AJ is the best wrestler in the world.

Brock and Goldberg was as good as could be expected for those two. I enjoyed it. Was fast-paced, heavy hitting...both looked strong.

Wish they'd get a clear top babyface on Raw, so that they can turn Reigns.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Best collapsing right bit in a long time.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Flair in a medically induced coma.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ric Flair has a message for Death:

[​IMG]

I think Death is trembling.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Death lost.

Woooo!

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passed away yesterday.

This was my favorite call of his:

"Jannetty tried to dive through the window to escape. What an act of cowardice!"

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ric Flair's 30 for 30 on now

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Alright for real whoever changed my name needs to change it back. That's some truly childish bullshit.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think it fits you well

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Check out Herman’s promo last night.

Guy is a [uck fay]ing genius.