The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’m intrigued for first time in years. Been watching bits and pieces of AEW for a few months. Think I’ll be tuning in now.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Next several weeks should be exciting. I think they are going to really kick into high gear once football season starts since that’s generally the lull time for WWE storylines

That NYC show at Arthur Ashe, in particular, is going to be huge if it doesn’t get [uck fay]ed by Delta

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm the furthest thing from an AEW fan but I am looking forward to seeing how they book that show and what the turnout is.

emainvol likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are women’s matches still always this bad?

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Seems like a ton of upper body strength would be needed to make wrestling entertaining.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You would be surprised

_83581289_rexfeatures_4842807b.jpg

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Listen, I loved CM Punk in WWE. But it was over 7 years ago, and if he’s going to come out and just do all of his WWE bits again, I’m not really interested.

Edge’s comeback was just as good, as was Becky Lynch last night, though I’m pretty pissed they buried Bianca for it.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am glad I decided to go to Chicago this weekend. All Out was absolutely the best ppv I’ve ever attended, and the best one I’ve seen in at least a decade

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You saw a very good show

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How’d you like that cage match?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lucha bros are awesome

13. chavisut

I’m enjoying AEW so far…..hard to keep up with the 232 stables though.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ve heard this from a few people recently, and it does make sense. I’ve been onboard since the beginning and also have watched a ton of New Japan (where pretty much everyone is in one stable or another) so I never really thought about how many there are

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't mind it but it definitely takes a little bit to get caught up

emainvol and chavisut like this.
  16. chavisut

Same. I think it will take me a bit because I still can't find the time to watch full shows.

emainvol likes this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Moxley v Suzuki is gonna be awesome

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It may as well be a legit fight

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I give AEW the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things, but cutting off Naze Ni Nare and then showing Mox wander through the crowd for about 2 minutes pre-match and 3-4 minutes post-match was not good. Maybe the Cincy crowd doesn’t give a shit but the typical AEW crowd wants to sing/shout along for the few chances they will get to do so. It’s just one of those cool professional wrestling things to do if you are a hardcore.

I mean I get it. Production is hard and they were pressed for time, Suzuki’s cut probably caused the match to go short, and it’s Mox’s hometown but damn. It’s the main event, either get TNT to give you 5 minute overrun or give the fans (and a Japanese legend) what they want. We didn’t need that much Dan Lambert or or for Taz interrupting Punk to take up so much time

Good show overall but unforced error there. There’s a lot of people that had little to no idea who Suzuki was watching last night. If they hear the crowd blast out the hook to a Japanese pop song, they may just understand that the dude is a fairly big deal.

20. chavisut

Edge is one of the GOATs.