The 8th's Baby-Daddy Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jul 19, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good to hear

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Outstanding.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

good to hear, cv!!

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

great news card. my wife is still chugging along. last sat she reached 31 weeks. unfortunetely by 32 weeks they can't give her one of th drugs she's currently taking. though even thinking about getting to 32 weeks would have been a miracle a couple of weeks ago.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How long has she been in the hospital?

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Enjoy the small victories. It'll be worth it.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it will be 3 weeks this thursday.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Glad to hear all the good news in this thread.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All things considered, that's a good thing I guess.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

very good thing

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Best of luck to both of you, card and droski. Will send all the good thoughts and prayers I can

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Awesome news for both you guys (Card and droski)

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good cause I didn't know if it was or not

14. CardinalVol

As of now, if things stay as they are, she'll get to go home tomorrow. She'll be on bed rest of course, but it will be a bit easier handling everything logistically.

Still not sure how to explain to a 2 year old that mommy won't be able to play and that she's got to stay in bed, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just tell him it's a woman thing and the best thing to do is never question a woman.

Life lessons at an early age

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Groves has a good idea. I say take it a step farther and tell him that mommy is taking her place in the bedroom at the moment. She has a womanly right to be in one of two places. There, or the kitchen. All this is assuming that sammiches have already been made.

17. JayVols

Be honest. My kids amazed me at how much they understood at very young ages when I was having health issues. I would just explain that mommy and the baby are fine but they require lots of rest so they can be even better. Getting them involved in the caretaking no matter how small a task would be great, imo. I would use a truthful age-appropriate sell job a la pregame football speech. Worked for me when my wife was on bedrest with my second because she fell down the garage steps into her Jeep about 28 weeks into her pregnancy.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  18. CardinalVol

That's pretty good advice. I think I will give it a try.

I've already trained him to get me the remote when it's not near me, this isn't that different.

19. JayVols

What the point of having kids if you can't use them to bring you stuff? My oldest will be taught how to operate a lawn mower next summer....

20. CardinalVol

Ha.

Oddly enough, I love mowing the yard. That may be the one thing I don't give up. Weed-eating, however............

Well, that and washing my car, primarily because I don't trust anyone else to do it.