The 8th's Baby-Daddy Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jul 19, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I may be the only person in the world that owns a mowing company that will hire someone to mow my yard. As it looks we will be closing on our home Monday. Which means 1.94 acres of mowing for me once a week. I'm still planning on selling the company out at the end of the mowing season this year, which means I will probably be on the market for someone to mow my lawn. It is my sincere goal to never mow another yard again after this year. Ever. I've done it religiously for 14 years now. I'm done.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I understand this. I am constantly asked to teach various things. I do that for a living. I don't want to do it in my free time.

I suggest a small tractor with a large finish mower deck, a pull behind finish mower or a large Skag type zero turn mower for you 2 acre mowing requirements.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I have 3 Scag 61" mowers, 2 Gravely 60" mowers and a couple 50" Toros as well. I will be keeping one of the Scags and selling off the rest. I've got a guy who is buying not only all the equipment but also all the properties but a handful. I'm actually going to keep 5 of them just to give me about $200 a week a summer for expendable income and to give me something to do. But this working myself to death is going to have to stop.

4. JayVols

Got it covered then.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

astro-turf or zero-scaping.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so you never want to mow another yard again, yet you're going to keep 5 properties??? Yep... you've got it all figured out. :)

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I spent about two years "training" my oldest. Started at age 11. He kept asking to mow and I would tell him no because it was too much fun. Did that for two years, finally at 13, I let him have "fun"!

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I too love washing my car for the some reason. I'm pretty sure I could make good money as a car detailer if I could figure out how to put the same time and care into other people's car as I do my own.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just got through washing and waxing my truck since I have to go to work tomorrow. Vacation is over.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't want to. But I do want to eat. Fat kid loves food.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just don't care about other peoples car. I have a hard tome being motivated to clean the wifes car unless i know i am driving out.

12. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Quick update for me? I can't read five pages of this.

13. JayVols

Forget that. I drive an '89 Honda that has mold growing on it to work. If I tick off one of those little bastages, key away, killer. No biggie to me.

I start back the 31st. Back to the real world.

14. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Safely Home?...

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Will be released sometime today. Just not sure when.

She's not going to be on total bed rest either, which is a really good thing for her.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's great news. congrats

17. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

wonderful!

18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

awesome, card!

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Great news