The AD thread.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Jan 20, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I need to try it.

The Dairy Bar in Wynne always seems good, too

2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Hard Eight is the shizzle!! Texas trip!!
    Blacks BBQ in Austin
    Goode Co in Houston

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Franklin BBQ in Austin is on another level!
    When I went to Austin back in September, our goal was to stand at Franklin or drive out to Lexington and stand Snows but they require a full day and our time didn’t permit it! Snows has coolers of ice cold beer at 8 am in the morning ready for BBQ!!!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

That’s the most Austin, TX thing I’ve ever heard.

TennTradition likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Love Rainey street in austin. Pre pandemic that is

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Love it. More than once I’ve stayed from 11 am through the night watching football, drinking beer and bouncing around for food. Heaven.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This did not age well...

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah that food truck circle at 1 am after seeing a couple of live bands under a 2 to 1 girl to guy ratio aint nothing to sneeze at

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think you’re right. Hope so.

Savage Orange likes this.
  10. Savage Orange

Let’s hope. I’m tired of UT flailing around in the mud. We’ve done our time in CFB hell... it’s time for the sun to start shining on The Hill again.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

But based on what, really? It hasn't aged at all. A great press conference and popular sentiment a few days in doesn't prove anything at all. We won't know until at least the hire is announced, and maybe not until years after that. I'm bullish at the moment, but we have to recognize that this is all emotional until there is substance to go with it. Fulmer as AD was a terrible idea, then it was great, and then it was terrible... Well, that means it was always terrible. It didn't matter how it "felt" when Pruitt was on a win streak and the basketball team was recruiting well with a well-funded Barnes. That was a moment in time. The net result is Fulmer as AD was a terrible idea. All because his predecessor sucked doesn't mean Fulmer was successful for being somewhat less sucky.

So let's see, and hold off on crowning anyone. He's getting paid very well, let's see if he earns it.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It hasn’t really aged at all, although I admit to being confused as to how the prevailing sentiment went from White being a meh hire to a home run. His history of hiring was intriguing to me, but I’m not sure what element people didn’t like. Because I can’t imagine anything has changed about it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly, the whole thing is perplexing, and demonstrates how much of the coaching search drama is completely in our own minds.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was just basing my assessment on Heupel. It was an initial reaction

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The negative sentiment of White was likely a combination of a brother that coaches FL basketball and not being the early favorite Ingram. So far he has done enough to show he is assertive and professional. I understand the success of his hires and money ultimately determine his success.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am just riding the waves with the knowledge that I will likely be wrong a few times...per day. I took the mantra all nugs believed true from the last search and went with it. It’s more fun that way than the 2012 steady as she goes, now you get Butch. I would ignore me.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Entirely fair, these really are bizarre experiences for UT fans. We all go on a collective trip.

18. Savage Orange

I was actually just breaking your balls, but I forget that folks have a tendency to take things pretty seriously ‘round hurr...

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gotcha makes sense. I just got home from work that day and expected everyone to be upset, based on the prior comments, and had been surprised by the extremely positive reactions. I thought Ubben had made a pretty good case on his AD Big Board

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You squeezed them. What you call pretty serious-- that's what breaking them is. Which is cool, you can squeeze and fondle people's balls that put them out there to be touched. No judgements.

Savage Orange and emainvol like this.