The Attendance Report

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by robvols, Nov 9, 2012.

1. robvols

robvols Member

Saw it on the TOOS, according to Basilio the TRUE attendance figures for the Homecoming game vs. Troy were 49,500. OUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHH!!!

How worse can it get? What will the attendance be against Mizzou? Kentucky?

I never heard of a cavernous stadium being half filled like this with no rain. Talk about a financial disaster!

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hubbs hinted at it being a lot smaller than 60k as well

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you lose one of the next two, given Thanksgiving weekend, 30K tops might be possible against UK, especially is Dooley is still here.

4. robvols

robvols Member

And your big winners would be the retailers and outlets, especially in the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

if losing doesn't scream change, then this sure as hell does.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I guess we could always do another tickets for charity event or something, since Kentucky is going to be empty.

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Mercy

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That's the only way to send Hart a message, I wish I knew for certain it was working.

9. robvols

robvols Member

Someone just passed along the total profit loss on last weekend:

2 MILLION

Imagine how much if you multiply that by a number of home games per season

UNREAL

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I was there.. There was no way it was under 50k. Looked to be 60k minimum. The barren places were the student section then the upper deck. I find it hard to believe that that 55k of the seats reside in the student section and upper deck.

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

109000-49500=59500. 59500*$55=$3,272,500

I realize that these seats were paid for and the tickets simply thrown away, but when people stop renewing it will be trouble. BIG trouble.

12. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

When people spread out, it looks like more people than were really there. I would say that number is very accurate.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

People weren't really spread out in the south endzone at all... Tons of people there who weren't regulars as my dad and I got the enjoyment of sitting on the isle seats when about a family of 8 kids sitting towards the middle of our row. Those fat asses got up 30 times to start the wave, get dip n dots, 3 rounds of hot dogs and who knows what else. There was over 50k.. It was more than half full for sure.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What we do know is that they lost at least $1 million last weekend...No way we can afford to pay Dooley's buyout now.

15. robvols

robvols Member

Don't rule out the potential number of free tickets given away.

The 49,500 are the turn style numbers. That still isn't good and sends a powerful message.

16. robvols

robvols Member

Boosters

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Needs more time. Perhaps the bamboo needs more water or perhaps e should look into exterminating the bamboo rats.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

bamboo over watered, root rot.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The turnstyle says otherwise.

20. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

You normally take time to pay attention to people's eating habits and slam them for them being fat?

Plus unless you have a photographic memory and counted every single person in the stadium, those ticket scanners are very damn accurate.