The BBQ Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 9, 2011.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it isn't that it is bad, exactly, it's just not what somebody who grew up on a hog farm <100 miles from Memphis calls rock and roll.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I had Central BBQ in Memphis for the first time. Was close to where we were staying, and probabaly wouldn't have been my first choice, but I thought it was OK. The pulled chicken was great, the brisket was tender but a tad dry, and pork was super dry. I did like their sauces though.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Love some M&M. It's been years since I've been, but I always liked that your sandwich would be as big as your head.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was in Dallas and went to pecan lodge. Unbelievable. Brisket was like butter.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Very few places in Tennessee do it well, but I love a good brisket.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If there is a next time, scrap all that crap and just get an order of nachos on house chips.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Swig & Swine in Charleston was good enough to merit a post in two different threads.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Add Bogarts in St. Louis to the thread. Really good.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Their pastrami is excellent.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was talking to one of the owners and told him how good it was. He brought me some ribs on him. They were incredible.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Last time I was in St. Louis it seemed like there was an unusual amount of UT gear being worn around town. That was around 15 years ago, though.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

How does it compare to Ridgewood?

13. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Not as good. Ridgewood is tough to beat.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is awesome. I have had everything there except the Tri-tip which I am sure is amazing.