The BBQ Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 9, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Woman is working late, and I'm on my own for dinner. Might get some BBQ Shop.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Central, baby. The Shop is good, too. Or is it Shoppe?

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Dixon's pig burger is awesome. Scruggs is solid. Most of the myriad of other places on Magnolia are at least competent in their BBQ prep.

4. hatvol96

B&D Ribshack on Rutledge Pike is also a quality option.

5. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

How you been my brother. Haven't conversed with ya lately. Broyles said he's seen you at a gig or two of his.

6. hatvol96

Doing well. I was hoping you'd stop by here. I'll be in Memphis on April 9th for the Grizzlies-Clippers.

7. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

We need to get together and see if we can find a place where the bartenders throw empty beer bottles across the room trying to hit the garbage can and have a few.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I dont know about you guys, but shoulder is the real deal up here in Lafayette.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a Gulf Coast style joint out here that I play bar trivia at. Not bad, but the Bama and Auburn memorabilia on the walls is kind of gross.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

M&M, dead end and bread of heaven are about the only three I eat with any regularity.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is bread of heaven?

12. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Come on down to Elizabethton and eat at Ridgewood. Place is a dump, but it's damn good. Beans are top-notch, as well.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I love pork of all kinds. Ribs and bbq sandwiches are my favorites. The best bbq sammich I have ever eaten is from a dive of a diner on a 2 lane country road between Bristol and Johnson City called Ridgewood. They specialize in sliced pork sandwiches. I prefer pulled pork, but their bbq is nothing short of a small taste of Heaven on Earth. RB will back me up on that. Speaking of, RB, we need to have an NETN 8th Maxim delegation meeting there that we have discussed.

I see Steve beat me to it...

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I have never gotten the fascination of Ridgewood. Their pork is good, but lacking on sides and sauce compared to the rest of JC. For the actual pork, Firehouse in JC has the best pulled pork sandwich I know of. Dixie BBQ (also JC) has the best sauce on this earth and their potatoes and onions are to die for. I also prefer Red Pig over Ridgewood. A Red Pig pulled pork sandwich smothered in bbq sauce and a twice baked potato is one of the most complete meals you'll ever eat.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I cook my own most of the time.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like those too, Bill. There's just something about that Ridgewood. Like it has been said, their beans are unmatched.

17. hatvol96

Agree 100%. The greatness of that place is pure myth.

18. hatvol96

Sounds good to me.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In alcoa. Only open for lunch. Bufft. Go there. Trust me.

20. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Do you at least agree on the beans?