POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That’s not Haiti

IP likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that isn't Haiti, at least the Haiti in which Haitians live.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not wish bad on anyone but Carlson makes it hard.

JayVols, fl0at_ and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have thousands of people really died from taking the vaccine? That seems like a lot.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you think?

JayVols likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm assuming not. Seems like an odd thing to just make up and throw out there though.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife has a cousin that runs a non profit in Haiti, it gets kids and young adults a place to stay and learn basic skills. The work they do is awesome

zehr27 and JayVols like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What they are doing is counting up the number of incidents or deaths on the VAERS. But the vaccine does not grant one immortality. People who have been vaccinated may die of something else, and that doesn't mean the vaccine was a factor. Also, some people go and get a COVID vaccine as they become symptomatic. If they die, that is not a failure of the vaccine because they were not vaccinated at the time of infection. If you are hit by a car while vaccinated, that is not a vaccine-related death. When you vaccinate 170 million people, the world doesn't stop and they will still die from whatever at the normal rate.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Technically it is, but I completely understand what you're saying. I was referring to the natural beauty of the place independent of everything else.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tons of people freaked out during Trump’s presidency because of the way he treated our European allies.

Biden [uck fay]ed over the UK during the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and he’s now [uck fay]ing over France with this new submarine deal with the Australians.

Are we okay with [uck fay]ing over our allies now?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't boris johnson refer to him as a breath of fresh air recently?

France is understandably mad, but they were behind, over budget, and using obsolete tech.

JayVols likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think that doing things that piss off your allies is common, but pissing ON them is not that common. And this is what Trump did, IMHO.

All while praising dictators.

JayVols likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure what Boris Johnson calling him that has to do with anything. Most here have been heavily critical of Johnson and wouldn't put much stock into anything that he says. It's also been reported that he's been calling him "Sleepy Joe," as well.

So is your answer to the questions "yes?"

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ah, so the policy isn't the issue. It's the mean words. Got it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, okay. This is not a serious question but just a "both sides" whine.

JayVols likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, you don't know anything about the policies of either POTUS or you wouldn't be asking the question.

JayVols likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is not remotely what I said.

He shit on our allies, pulling out of things, throwing their intelligence under the bus and then cozied up with dictatorships.

Big difference to getting an ally to buy your stuff over another ally's.

The Afghanistan thing is a well known shit show that was going to happen under Trump too.

JayVols likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pull out of NATO? No big deal, look at that submarine deal! Wowzers!

JayVols likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You said "pissing on allies" and "praising dictators." Felt like you were pointing out words.

Maybe I'd better understand what you're talking about if you weren't speaking in such generic terms, such as when you say "he shit on our allies." I know there's an age difference between you and I, but when I hear that someone "shit on" someone else, it's about words almost 100% of the time. Words one person said to or about another.

The France situation was probably a bit of a bigger deal than you're making it out to be. It was reported that France accused Biden of acting like his predecessor. Nothing to see here though, I guess.

And of course the Afghanistan thing was unavoidable in your mind. The UK wanted the deadline extended. How on earth can you possibly claim, with any certainty, that Trump wouldn't have granted it?

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, Trump pulled out of NATO? I must have missed that.

The NYT's podcast, The Daily, was just saying this morning that the move with Australia likely signals a shift in our focus away from NATO and more towards other countries who can aid us specifically with pushing back on China. Sounds like Trump and Biden were pushing the same direction, just with different approaches.