POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Greed. That is the only blame. Period.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but I've seen a lot of people rumbling about breaking up the USA and secession based upon ideology. It's mind bogglingly stupid for so many to think this would make situations in these respective areas better, particularly with a looming China threat on the horizon, among about 25 or so other issues I could bring up in about a minute of contemplation. I mean, look at this map:

First of all, what [uck fay]ing moron is living in Omaha, thinking this would be a good thing to be the Tajikistan of North America? And, the case of the usual whipping boy of the right, California. You really want to navigate your economy without the 5th largest economy in the world? Alright, good luck eastern Kentucky. I'm sure the new Confederacy is big on public assistance. Tariffs on milk from Wisconsin to Tennessee, oranges from Florida to New York and so on? Some 9/11 event in New York again and the west coast opts to sit it out?

As I said, this is just the beginning of the manifest problems I could muster up. I feel as if our society is like a bunch of bored suburban white kids who travel to the ghetto for a little excitement in their lives as we come up with anti-vaxx stuff and these type of ideas tossed around semi-seriously. We will throw away the facets which have led us to great success thinking they'll simply stay with us as we destroy those bonds.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

it has been Russia's hope and goal for more than a decade. all their interference is to this end. just like Brexit. and look how that has gone.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol @ “New Confederacy.”

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Memphis wouldn't stay in Tennessee, so I guess we're part of Canada now.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

many major cities would feel similarly. by the logic of the right seceding, I am sure they will have no problem allowing those places to become blue city-states remaining part of the Union. Surely this wouldn't just be about holding power over people.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Memphis is in Tennessee?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What even is Tennessee? Nathan Bedford Forrest busts in the capitol? world famous brown liquor distilled in a dry county? East Tennesseans calling the Confederate battle flag their "heritage?" Hating anything big government while powered by TVA which stole their family's land that they got from the feds pushing out the Cherokee and creeks?

It is a silly place in a silly time. Memphis fits right in on that sailboat-shaped asylum.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Don't tell Memphians.

10. fl0at_

Memphis got rid of statues, renamed parks, doesn't mind government.

I think you mean "Cordovians" or "colliervillans."

Memphis is happy to not be in Tennessee.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I like y'all pretending Memphis not wanting to be a part of Tennessee has something to do with taking down statues. It's cute.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess we are going to default. which is unconstitutional.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Both sides are drinking poison hoping to kill the other side.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

my family goes back to late 1800s in memphis and spreads all over the city. Memphis just wants to be Memphis. That's always been the attitude. They don't want to be Miss, ark or TN. Memphis AF is the motto. Blue blood Memphis state and Memphis fans despise the Orange and power T as well, with a hate hard to describe but rooted deep. I've always thought it was deep down due to Memphis being flat and ugly compared to the hills of E TN, as well as due to the demographic disparity between ends of the state, with Nashville as the capital and Memphis has always felt like little brother.
    It has nothing to do with anything political from the trump/biden eras.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

explain the both sides. what should biden do, roll over on everything he was elected to do?

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is the Memphis I know. I was unaware of sentiments such as these until I started dating my wife who had and has family who lives there.

17. fl0at_

Little brother? No.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My statement was a more general broad minded one. Both sides (to my view) are so entrenched that everything (EVERYTHING) is some earth shattering thing that neither can give a [uck fay]ing inch on.

This used to be something that just happened and no one even knew it was a thing (like the certification of the Electoral College). Now everything is some [uck fay]ing drama.

19. fl0at_

Who is pretending, what? Memphis took down statues because Memphis didn't want statues.

Pretending that it was anything to do with Tennessee is the wrong part.

warhammer likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what are you thinking the D side should do?

I'm just trying to understand the "both sides" view for moving forward. Seems anachronistic at this point. One side is dominant in both the minority and majority, so it doesn't seem to be "both sides." If "nothing really changes" comes to mind, to me "no change" is inherently conservative and inherently not progressive.... so either way, I do not understand "both sides" rhetoric in 2021 America.