POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Johnson insinuates that the impeachment trial is a distraction from asking what Pelosi knew and when she knew it about the Capitol riots. As if she played some part in the events.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Then he is a dam idiot.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is naked and cynical partisanship, to the point of parody. If we already know that there is no path to 66 votes whatever the evidence, I am not sure what the point is of moving forward at this point in time. I probably would have pushed harder for it to be initiated before he left, but now I am not sure what the message will even be for future Presidents. But if you have Johnson saying stuff like this, it seems to necessitate a trial if only to lay out facts.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Johnson is, likely, in a dogfight for election in Wisconsin next year. Being a crazy right winger in Wisconsin is different than Hawley in Missouri or Cruz in Texas, much less Tuberville in Alabama. I'm not quite sure what happened to the GOP in Wisconsin. It's a much different party than the one from my youth.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This appears to be the thesis behind why Trump will be acquitted:

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Oops, I didn’t mean to attempt to overthrow the government. My bad. But since the government is still here, let’s just let bygones be bygones.”

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mulligan! Maybe next time, haha! See you next cycle.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

These guys have created a different set of Rules for them verses us. And they don't even try to hide it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's an amazing bipartisan phenomenon on the Hill. No rules apply there!

justingroves likes this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's the great mystery revealed. Vote 'em out, they say. Knowing no single election will change the results enough to make a difference. By the time difference comes, they'll be retired.

IP likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And the new batch that was voted in will be welcome to their ways and so no change is made.

IP likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

doesn’t matter anyways.

the establishment owns the leadership of both parties.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

there was an amusing tweet the other day trying to start a crowdfund to buy a senator

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The wellRED guys have been killing it lately.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Does Biden have anything to do with gas prices and it costing me much more to fill my tank?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

been rising since december due to OPEC and friends cutting production in anticipation of weak spring demand.

so: no.

Oil was not making much money due to the pandemic. they are adjusting to align with demand and make some money.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’m sure he’ll enact some policy to affect it but any president is along for the ride on that for the most part

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We've had some pretty low gas prices due to the pandemic. As demand increases, you can bet prices are going to go up to cover the low year.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whew, putting it out there.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

She may have thought this was some sort of "orange man bad" operation that she could game. It never was.