POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the system is more fragile than most think or believe.

there’s just so many head winds right now, it’s hard to know which one could be the last straw

TennTradition likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Maybe. I remain skeptical of the fragility of it. It could just be me projecting my reality, but I don't get a lot of food anything from China. Some Indonesia sea foods, but mostly... Mexico.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s a lot of technology in our food production and processing.

if China hammers tech products that hurts production and processing, it will have crippling effects.

add to that the consolidation of our food supply and production into a few mega corporations since the 60’s and it’s not a robust system with a lot of redundancy built in

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There isn't a lot of need for electronics parts in general operation, only upgrades.

So, I'm not sure how you arrive at this conclusion, unless you think plants need to constantly upgrade their electronics hardware, which would be about the most bizarre thing I've ever heard of.

Imagine buying a car, but needing to update just the electronics hardware every year to keep driving.

It's not a thing for a reason.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

[uck fay] 'em. I've got my no electronic John Derek lawn tractor. I'll be that old man riding down the road on it to the store.

I'll have my garden and I can sit on porch and shoot the doves and squirrels getting fat at the wife's bird feeder. If I'm feeling really peckish, the deer moving through property could be in danger.

Hunting season will be year round if shit gets that bad. Until then, I will pay the $4-$5 (or whatever) for gas and hope the beer inventory remains strong.

justingroves likes this.
  6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

As someone who is not political because they all pretty much suck.........

How much longer are the Democrats and all of the people they use to push their motives going to stick behind Biden? He's already getting railroaded with the poll numbers on his approval ratings and all that. IMO they will keep "trying" to prop him up until the midterm elections are over. They want to retain as much as they can and as soon as those are over they are going to either go in hard on him and do the old double cross or they'll have come to an agreement with him that in lieu of them "going in dry" on him he will agree to just not run again.

I don't watch much regular TV but pay attention to the news right now with the Ukraine situation and some of the hardcore left wingers are taking subtle jabs at Biden now. They'll get more vicious after the midterms if he doesn't just announce shortly after the midterms that he's not seeking re-election. They never should have got behind him.

I'm not political - but I am a self-employed businessman. So I lean towards whatever is best for business and this path we are on now is definitely hurting my bottom line.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Much of the negative things going on have nothing to do with Biden, from my perspective. Not gas, not inflation, not Ukraine. The hardcore left wingers never liked and never will like Biden. They do dislike the other side of the aisle more, but not by as much as you'd think.

My feelings for Biden haven't changed. He's not great, but he is steady and solid. Whatever is best for business depends on the frame of reference. What is good for your business is consistency and what you are getting is whiplashes every 2 to 4 years. What you need is a sensible congress and there is none on tap to be seen.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Steady and solid?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing shocking. Nothing crazy. Nothing unexpected. Boring, even. But in a good way.

Just my opinion. There are waves on the water, but he doesn't rock the boat himself.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Biden has Delaware upsetting Tennessee in the Sweet Sixteen. We must impeach. No choice. Not only mentally unfit, but also depraved.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well that statement isn't true.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Correct; I believe it should have said "elected" President.

I doubt that you will find many who say that distinction makes his accomplishment any less damning.

With that said, I will take Biden at 33% over Trump.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am surprised that she did not include, "I am an African AmeriX".

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why does the color of the suit matter?

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am NorrisAlan

My pronouns are [uck fay] and you.

I am wearing a cockring and NYYs underwear.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think the pronoun thing is stupid, but if someone wants to do that why would I care? I've been to tech conferences and the visual description for the visually impaired isn't unheard of. Again why would I care? Factoring in the point of that meeting, it would be considered polite to introduce herself the way she did.

The Dooz likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

What was the meeting? I don't understand the visually impaired thing, I have not encountered that before. Is it for people who can see a little but can see colors without form? Seems niche.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've only seen big tech do it personally, but its for the benefit of people with visual disabilities. She was meeting with a disability rights group. So yeah it's kinda dumb, and its something everyday people don't do, but it's not unheard of. Weird hill for the RNC to die on, but they're pretty stupid too.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I, for one, am majorly disappointed that the 8th has yet to give me the option to include my pronouns after my username.

Also, whoever inevitably changes my user name to "Indy (she/her)" should know that he's not as creative as he thinks he is.