POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So the talk of distribution isn’t really the limiter to achieving 100 million doses in 100 days. We need the producers to ramp up production.

Ssmiff likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If the goal is 100 million doses, in 100 million people, in 100 days.

And you don't have the first part (the 100 million doses)... then you're gonna struggle a bit, don't ya think?

IP likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I laughed my ass off at this

4. TennTradition

Yes I’m not disagreeing with you there I’m just saying distribution - which is what the admin seems to be talking about - isn’t the issue of the doses don’t exist and aren’t planned to exist.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I expect we will hear more on the plan and whether they still believe it is feasible in the coming weeks

6. fl0at_

I don't see the issues as being separate. It isn't production vs distribution vs meat. It is all one thing. It is all or nothing.

7. TennTradition

It is all or nothing when it comes to being successful. But when working to have success, you should focus on the deficiencies. Doesn’t seem distribution stands on the way of this goal.

But if the point is - is 100 MM a realistic goal, stretch goal, etc. And if the answer is stretch because we don’t have the supply. Then great - go try to fix it. But at the same time it seems odd to complain about Trump’s distribution plans or lack thereof when they are apparently sufficient to meet your (stretch) goal for the next 3 months.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have plenty of meat. No deficiency there.

fl0at_ likes this.
  9. fl0at_

Trump's distribution plan is putting production in the trash. If you have a production problem, and are also throwing away production... it seems like you could blame the thing that caused it to get thrown in the trash, don't ya think?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is easy to overthink the wasted vaccine problem. Have extra? Have a mobile vax vehicle ready to roll into a local grocery store parking lot and offering the excess/leftover like girl scout cookies. No big announcements, no lists, just a flash vax. Here's a certificate, congratulations, you are now on the list for the second dose in x weeks. Just get the numbers up and into willing arms, when you are through your available pool in the target groups. It will all come out in the wash over a few months.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. fl0at_

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jesus, Cruz is getting dumber by the day.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

For anyone who thought Trump was friendly to LGBTQ issues, look at what the Biden administration is doing and look who is getting mad. This is what inalienable rights for all are about.

15. TennTradition

Regardless if we are throwing them away we are achieving about 900k/day so distribution is at a level it almost needs to be at if supply can meet it.

If you are saying that the supply issue is not actually a supply issue, it is a wasted dose issue, then addressing administration processes (timing of when and how to administer doses) makes plenty of sense. That still doesn’t sound like a distribution issue - or am I misunderstanding what you mean by throwing away doses and why that’s happening?

If doses were always distributed flawlessly and administered flawlessly yet we still couldn’t hit 100 MM in 100 days because the supply won’t be there, then it seems like the bigger issue is production given that we are already doing 900k/day. How many are we throwing away a day?

16. TennTradition

Just to clarify - hitting 100 MM is no problem if we don’t throw any away? And they are being thrown away due to distribution, not administration scheduling?

17. fl0at_

It will be easier on production if doses are not thrown away, as we are dealing with a scarce resource. Scheduling is part of distribution.

18. fl0at_

We are throwing an unknown number away. Production is always less an issue with an efficient process. Throwing away doses is inefficiency.

If you don't consider getting a shot in a person part of distribution, and look at distribution as just the equivalent of "shipping" then we don't need to talk anymore.

19. TennTradition

I don’t see those as the same. If a healtg department got their vaccines on time and just didn’t schedule their appointments efficiently, it’s hard to knock the federal distribution plan for it.

TangoUniform likes this.
  20. TennTradition

Well I don’t. And I don’t think we should. There is production, distribution to point-of-use (including all warehousing and intermediate shipping and logistics), and local storage/administration. How you manage each of those is quite different. You need them all functioning to meet the goal. But an inefficiency that creates a bottleneck at one doesn’t mean the others suck - it just means the end goal is in jeopardy due to the bottleneck.

I [uck fay]ing love to rail on Trump. If his distribution plan or lack there of is the reason we can’t meet a 100 MM in 100 day goal then by god let’s let him have it. But if the issue is because Pfizer isn’t cranking them out fast enough the I don’t want to rail against the distribution plan as the reason. I’d be happy to hate on him but I want to make sure it’s warranted first.

(I’m not even saying you’re trying to rail on him or the plan - not sure if you are. I’m just saying you are bringing up this valid issue of supply that has me questioning the assault on distribution).

I’ve already been failing in states that still aren’t rolling out their administration plans. Is that because they don’t know when they’ll get supply?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021