POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

More of this:

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

zehr27 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I see the Guatemalan president had some things to say about why such an influx.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think she’s dumb but the weird laughing deflection thing she does comes off just terrible.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

the question and insinuation are phony as hell. what does her standing at the border accomplish? this is real life, not a tv show.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She is Vice President of the United States of "America". I think that a trip to the boarder to meet with Americans being affected by the crisis, to hear their concerns, to show some empathy is totally something she should do as the highest ranking person in charge of the "Border Crisis".

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a strange requirement for her to physically stand next to the boundary in order to be able to do those things. Empathy is not displayed via proximity to the border.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I disagree. Empathy is best expressed in person, imho. We are social animals, and watching someone talk on the TV is not the same as seeing them in person. Not emotionally.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where are the people coming from at the border? And where did she go?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I agree. People want to see your face and talk directly to you and show you first hand their issues. It may not always be necessary to solve the problem but its what a lot of people need to feel like they are actually being heard.

12. NorrisAlan

She doesn't represent the Guatemalans nor the Mexicans. She represents the people of the USA and they are at the US-Mexican border.

50% of governance is just being seen at the places you need to be seen at among your constituents. Otherwise you risk getting another Trump.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I misunderstood. Who at the border should she be talking to?

14. NorrisAlan

No clue. But it is the act of being SEEN there. Much like when a President visits a tornado hit. Means shit in the grand scheme, and he isn't going to meet every person that was injured by the tornado. But just knowing he was there is important to those people, makes them feel like they are listened to and being taken care of.

So even if she only visits with the border patrol and a few citizens that have land on the border, that means a lot to ALL the people in the area.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

Imagine working near the border and getting a chance to tell Kamala how serious the problem is and asking how she would help. She would just nervously laugh and make some nonsense comment.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

People showing up is not a tornado outbreak. Going to the point of departure, which she has done, is more important to the issue. That isn't only my opinion, this is also what some members of Congress for districts on the border have said, including that it wouldn't make much of a difference for Harris or Biden to show up. Biden specifically has said he hasn't gone to the border yet because he doesn't want to add the complications of all the SS or change the focus of the issue on to him.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine thinking she doesn't think the problem is serious after watching her travel to Mexico and Guatemala exclusively to deal with the problem. You'd have to be a cynical SOB who could not be satisfied.

18. HCKevinSteele

How did you get that from my comment? I'm speaking more to her frequently doing that nervous laugh and being seemingly incapable of normal human interactions. It's a pretty big political liability.

Edit: If you were unaware of her long running history of just laughing when she's nervous or doesn't have an answer, then I get how you would take my initial comment that way. I assumed you would be aware of that but if not, my bad.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I just don't share the concern over laughter. I may not be a "normal human interactions" kind of guy.

20. HCKevinSteele

It’s not a concern for me. It would be if I worked in the Biden admin though. She’s just really bad at politics.