POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you think CRT should be taught in elementary or high school levels?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

To my knowledge, no. Because again, what would that even look like? What this really is, is an attempt to ban teaching about racism in history class or social studies. We are not to teach that the FF owned slaves, or that the 3/5's Compromise existed, and are to pretend that the Civil War was about state's rights. All of that is being falsely labeled "CRT."

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Could parts of this publication be getting used in a classroom by teachers that think it should be taught? Like they are taking what they think younger kids can understand and teaching it?

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't think that is what this about and if it is that is stupid. Racism has to be covered when learning history. I don't see how you could leave out things like the civil war and Rosa Parks when teaching the history of the US. What would you teach to fill in its place?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would that look like? Seems kind of witch-hunty.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

you'd change the details. Civil War was about state's rights. Lincoln freed all the black people, but no explanation as to how they came to be needing to be freed or from whom or what happened in the following 100 years. As is, things are taught in a white washing manner as to suggest everything was better after the slaves were freed, and paradoxically were also better after the Civil Rights Act. Any elaboration is being now considered "CRT," when it isn't. It's history. It's fact.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Everything is witch-hunty when politics is involved.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Teachers do lots of things off script. But try to standardize anything, and everyone complains.

We can't have it both ways.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think 99% of people in the US are completely fine with continuing to have their kids taught like you and I were. I don't believe people want to remove slavery from the history books. The people that believe that are falling for bullshit that is meant to cause division. The same thing can be said about the people freaking out about a subject that will not be taught in a classroom before college. The people that believe that are feeding into shit that will cause more division as well.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. Its the teachers that push the limits too far that cause these stir ups and get people all riled up about nothing. imo

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You’re mistaken.

Basically everyone is fine with what you stated above and is already being taught but that’s not the direction that they’re trying to push it.

This isn’t about teaching our history but that postmodernist teaching intersectional principles.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then point to a CRT lesson being taught. Because all I have heard is hearsay about teachers saying white people are bad, which is not CRT.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Uh, no, it's not. It's the professional shit stirrers who prattle on about "indoctrination" in classrooms and probably haven't been in one since they themselves graduated, which get people in a tizzy. The parents at the board meeting in Williamson County weren't stirred up by teachers, but by the narrative suddenly being pushed about a theory they've been told teaches their kids to hate white people and is awash in their kids' curriculum. Meanwhile, actual teaching and classroom environment isn't the least bit like the bullshit I keep seeing promulgated by the professional outrage crew, such as Tucker Carlson, the most prominent of the actual dividers.

Otherwise, yes, there will always be some teachers who say stupid things to kids, as there are stupid people in every profession. For every teacher who says the stuff the guy noted in the video snippet, I'll give you a teacher who did stuff like the teacher in my school who got fired for mocking black kids' names (her students).

The outrage is dumb, the new laws are dumb and it'll probably affect my teaching about none, especially since I don't teach in an environment of fragile white helicopter parents who are itching to be outraged or heard the latest scandal in their media sources which is supposedly turning their kids into anti-whatever robots. Nor do I even really "teach" some of the perceived tenets of CRT. But, it sure does garner a lot of viewers and more than a handful of votes.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guarantee CRT is uttered on Fox News more times in a month than it is in any high school or elementary class room in a decade. Guarantee.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t really think most teachers are as activist as some people want to believe.

justingroves likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's not really time for it and you wouldn't get far as a teacher spouting activist agenda stuff all the time, anyway. Hell, if I can get kids to understand the basics of the world wars, I'm winning. Not to mention kids already have their own ideas about how the world works, as it is. They'll argue all the time and are also teenagers. "They think they know everything" is hyperbole, but not completely off base when it comes to them.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So it's idiot shit starters and a few teacher that push the limits. Pretty much what I have been saying.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I accept that this is likely 100% of the story. Because we all know there are a couple of of weirdo teachers at every school.

I never taught secondary or primary school but I would be out of my mind if I proclaimed a particular race as good or evil. This ain't Middle Earth. And that wouldn't be CRT.

zehr27 likes this.