The biggest mistake no one is talking about

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volokie, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Going Nike uni’s with the ugly arse number fonts...I’m joking, kind of. The biggest mistake no one is chattin up is how the Vols should’ve went with the Stone Age pro set offense LSU runs. It’s an example of maximizing your talent by simplifying the playbook so your roster can achieve excellence at their positions executing consistently.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Wut. Have you been drinking?

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or smoking

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, it's so amazing that a bunch of 4 and 5 stars play...

...like 4 and 5 stars.

6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Ok bad idea, your right all thoughts shouldn’t be born on paper. I’m an old old school traditionalist that hates this stupid over complicated one back rpo crap. I think our roster is better suited to a simpler easier to execute pro style set. At least this much is true, they’d be more consistent in executing. I guess I’ll just have to get used to it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You do realize that LSU was very bad at offense for like a decade plus with the simple offense and is now amazing at offense because they switched to the one back/RPO/millennial offense, right?

chavisut, justingroves and ptclaus98 like this.
  8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I do now, ty

fl0at_ and zehr27 like this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One back is pro style since 11 and 12 personal is the most common offensive packages used in the nfl.

The quality and size of defensive players plus the bear defense makes living in 21 personal extremely hard at this level unless you’re just heads and shoulders better than the teams you’re playing.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah if you're gonna play 21 you have to get creative or have a god tier OL, because 2/3rds of this league has a DL capable of blowing that shit up.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Biggest mistake no one is talking about is Jimmy Cheek EATING and SWALLOWING his own BOOGER! Nothing good has happened since he swallowed that sweet succulent snot snack.

Butthole likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Roses in the mouth after the Florida game in 01.

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Promoting Johnny Long after John Stucky got sick.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There also isn’t a lot that’s complicated about a lot of these one-back RPO offenses

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Would it have been better if it were someone else's booger? Would it have been better if he had been EATING it but not SWALLOWING it?

No, I'm with Volokie. I'm an adidas guy, ever since I learned the acronym in 5th grade. Although I did kinda like the orange on orange with no stripe Saturday. It was my kind of ugly.

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

no it wouldn’t have mattered whose boogie it was. It summed up the sheer buffoonery we had in leadership at the U of T.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think it's worse to eat someone else's booger.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Biggest mistake was taking the V O L S off the stadium. A very close second, putting [itch bay] jones' face on the scoreboard.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

A lot worse imo

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Agreed and the current coach should never be up there. I don’t mean Pruitt, I mean whoever the current coach might be

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    NorrisAlan likes this.