The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What do you guys expect to get out of Cozart this season, is he the real deal?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Playing out of his mind right now, but yes he is going to be a very good player all year.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I might have to pick him up. Thanks.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Alfredo Simon is the guy Jocketty and The Toothpick Sucking Idiot just had to have, to the point of screwing a great organization guy like Todd Frazier. The son of a [itch bay] got released by Baltimore. The faster the GM and the manager both have their stupid asses run from the 513 area code, the better. They've managed to produce 4 months of quality, meaningful baseball in their entire tenure.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am pretty much in the same boat. How bad do the Reds have to be in April/May to get rid of Dusty? If they are that bad, what are the chances they are still in contention? Finally, would you put the call in to Terry Francona at that point, should it arise?

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Man, [uck fay] this team

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't mean to troll on y'all's thread, but your TV announcers are completely out of control with their Reds love. It's been that way for years. I understand the local TV guys being homers, but those guys take it to ridiculous levels.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Having watched a boat load of Reds games over the past few years since Dish feels I'm in Reds Country here in Middle Tennessee and broadcasts all of their games on my TV (not that I'm complaining, baseball everyday is cool with me, especially when it means I'll get to see the Cards several times), I feel confident in saying they're no worse than any other local guy is for their respective team.

Yeah, the stuff tonight about "Every SINGLE player on this Reds team is just a good wholesome guy, and damnit Chris, I'll say it: I wouldn't mind if any of these guys knocked up my theoretical daughter, you know?" was a bit much, but they're also not shy about calling the Reds out when they stink it up.

There were a few instances tonight where you could hear the disgust in Brennaman's voice and Welsh let out an audible "OOOF" when Latos bunted three straight balls foul. Brantley is usually drunk before first pitch, so he's always entertaining when he's in the booth.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Just been my experience watching them, if they got beat 50-0 it would always be because of something bad the Reds did, never giving the other team credit, then the stuff you mentioned from tonight about how they're all gosh darn good guys..... they were all over Yadier Molina a couple of years ago for starting that fracas when the day before Brandon Phillips went off on the "they little [itch bay]es" tirade, last night Brennaman mentioned that there might not be a better pitcher in baseball than Aroldis Chapman, when fact is, the guy's got great stuff but he hasn't accomplished anything yet....Tonight making a big deal about how great it was the catcher blocked the plate with Jaime Freaking Garcia bearing down on him....I've watched a lot of different teams' broadcasts watching the Cards over the past couple of years on mlb.tv, and it just seems to me like the Reds guys are way over the top. IMO JMO GBO.

I mean, Mike Shannon's the biggest homer in the world, but I've always felt he'd call a spade a spade.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Shit, Thom is the biggest Cardinals homer outside of the state of Missouri.

Also, Dusty should be out tomorrow. He cannot right this ship, and that's not debatable

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5 year contract extension, imo. Hes earned it.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Maybe I just don't like him because he goes by "Thom". Like he's too good for "Tom".

They are entertaining when the Reds are getting pounded. Like they're calling a funeral.

13. hatvol96

Baker has done nothing to change the lazy ass franchise culture that took root with Griffey and Adam Dumbass on the roster. He's just a lazy bum who is more concerned with sucking toothpicks and making sure his wristbands are straight than he is holding guys accountable. Should have fired him and hired Larry Bowa or Joey Cora as soon as the season ended in 2011.

14. hatvol96

Somebody obviously never sees a Braves or White Sox broadcast.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I have a feeling Bob C isn't going to wait around for the team to implode before canning his ass this year.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

White Sox, not really. Braves quite a bit, I dunno, for some reason they've never rubbed me the wrong way as often as Brennaman and co.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

WGN is, for some reason, on every local cable package in middle Tennessee. They are homers

18. hatvol96

Castellini deserves to go broke for making a large financial investment in personnel but still leaving The Toothpick Sucking Idiot in the manager's office.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Jay Bruce is just killing the [uck fay]ing ball right now. In the last three days he is 7 for 10, 3 HR, 2 2B, 1 BB, 2 R, and 7 RBIs

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Bruce with another homer today. 4 in 4 days.