The Clock Starts Ticking Now.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Feb 4, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

All the excuses about the roster are out the window. If UT doesn't win the East in '16, fire Jones immediately.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You are more patient than I am. Given the current state of the East, no reason Tennessee shouldn't be in Atlanta this December.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm still not sold on Dobbs and don't think he'd go to one of the freshman quick enough this year if my suspicions are correct.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not so much sold on Tennessee as I am down on the rest of the East.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree on Dobbs, but that's mainly because he hasn't been coached up properly. None of the freshmen are gonna be able to do any better, IMO.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Even though I think this is accurate, I still can't shake the feeling that Jones may go with the freshman more quickly than logic would indicate. He seems to have an odd fetish for redshirting Dobbs.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

It's inacurracy more than being coached up.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He didnt want to go to Dobbs as a SO. over Worley. Short of Dobbs pulling a Peterman you wont see a Fr.this year, less an injury.

Still plenty of questions about Dobbs, but I think hes gpod enough to win this east.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Needs a QB coach yesterday.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I want to see what Dobbs can do when he's actually running Tennessee's offense before October.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. While he's playing through the gauntlet. That will be the test.

I agree with others that the accuracy is a concern. But....if and only if that OL gets better, and the run game takes another step, that should help him alot.

Against the good defenses he will have to be able to stretch them out with his arm, because they will go all out to stop the run.

We are definitely in a better place going in to this season than we were last season at the QB position, no question.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If Tennessee's offense is defined by the Jet Sweep, I will take someone else's. Just pray for a serviceable OL.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let that echo from every hilltop and hollow. Expectations are good.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm thinking 10 wins THIS SEASON is reasonable.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

What are the guaranteed losses? I see three next season 1) Alabama 2) Oklahoma 3) mizzu or uga

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

WOW!!! Besides Bama, who do see us losing to, or has the orange tint gotten dark enough to pick us over them?

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Considering OU, UGA, or Mizzou a gaurenteed loss is crazy in my opinion.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sold on Dobbs either.

We certainly have the potential to make some noise this year. If our young D linemen produce as expected, the OL improves slightly, and some key players stay healthy, we might just win it this year.

20. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Are you predicting a 11-1 season then?