The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Denver Broncos cut quarterback Kyle Orton(notes) on Tuesday, a move which solidifies Tim Tebow's(notes) status as the team's starter and opens up the possibility of an Orton return to Chicago, where he could possibly fill-in for an injured Jay Cutler(notes).

ESPN's Adam Schefter was first to report the news. The Denver Post later reported that Orton and his agent, David Dunn, began pushing the Broncos for the release once Cutler went down with a thumb injury. The Broncos complied, giving Orton a sort of mercy release.

"This was the right decision for our football team," Broncos coach John Fox said in a statement. "We feel good about our quarterback group, and this gives Kyle an opportunity to help another team and showcase his talents."

Broncos cut Orton; will a playoff contender pick him up? - Shutdown Corner - NFLĀ Blog - Yahoo! Sports

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty unselfish.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Shun the non believers.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

He's just a winner, man. He won't score you a bunch of touchdowns, he won't complete over 50% of his passes, but dang it he just wins football games. You put Tebow out there, you win. It has nothing to do with the defense allowing only 15 points a game in his wins or the other teams having no pulse, Tim Tebow is just a natural born winning machine. Same thing he did at Florida when his defense was loaded with an experienced defense that all ended up in the NFL. They were great because Tebow was out there playing fullback, I mean quarterback and winning the games by himself.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The story here is the job John Fox has done with the defense, and his overall understanding of how to manage a game. Underrated coach, imo.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tim Tebow fans are more insufferable than Tim Tebow. I imagine that is part of the angst.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i continue to contend the second they play an offense with a pulse they will lose and lose badly.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no escape. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide.

9. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

They don't win that game without Von Miller yesterday. Man he's going to have a great career

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the reason I wanted him to flop. It really has nothing to do with Tebow himself. Sure, his whole life has been twisted into making him the best football player he can be, with a healthy dose of over the top Christianity, but I've never really disliked him. It's the people proclaiming him to be a great QB when, in reality, he's benefited from great defenses and gaining 3 yards a carry.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Can we all go ahead and agree Tebow is the GOAT?

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

You think if Minnesota had to do it over again they would have covered Thomas on at least one of those throws where there was no one within 20 yards of him?

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That's fine, and it will be as long as the Broncos are winning without having to throw the ball more than 15 times a game.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a god, and he is a wrathful, cruel, and unloving one who has deemed me fit for suffering in this world above all others.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is no question if you don't turn the ball over, run it effectively, and play good defense you will win some games. but the question is what is the end result? this offense will never win you a super bowl. i understand fox's job is to win games with the players he has, but tebow will never be good enough to compete with the aaron rodgers, tom brady, and drew brees led teams of the nfl.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This team is strengthening my calvinist beliefs because there is no other answer.

19. hallowed_hill

At this point, it's just fun to watch. Who cares whether he's any good or not.

20. hallowed_hill

Timmy would probably disagree. I doubt he's sympathetic to the Canons of Dort.