The Country Music Thread, 8th Style...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanbill, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Make sure to get there in time for Charley Crockett, he's awesome

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Someone from their investor group told Metro Public Works what they were and were not going to do. Metro Public Works laughed and said "good luck opening". I'm about 99% sure they did this out of spite more than anything.

3. Joseph Brant

Reckless Kelly playing in Shelby NC on 11/8. Well shit.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He’s playing the Ramkat in Winston on the 6th. If you pick that show instead I’ll see you there.

5. Joseph Brant

Would love to but too far for an out and back, especially since I made a drug deal with the scheduler to take a few days to see Casey Donahew in Nashville the next week

6. Joseph Brant

Unfortunately Felker looks to be headed to rehab, that's my take, so the Knoxville show is cancelled.

Me and the lady are heading to Don Gibson theater in Shelby NC that night as to not waste requested PTO days

7. RockyHill

That’s a shame but hardly comes as a surprise. I saw Lyle Lovett and REK in Charlotte last week. Awesome show.

8. Joseph Brant

Guy's gotta get right. He never will, but we can hope

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well shit. Hope he gets it together. I was looking forward to it but it ain’t worth a man’s well-being

Joseph Brant likes this.
  10. Joseph Brant

He lives hard. We'll get a make up show at some point.

11. RockyHill

I’ve seen him Randy Travis drunk on stage. I too was Randy Travis drunk so I still enjoyed the show but I think he’s had stretches where he did that every night.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He went to a gas station naked to buy cigarettes. I'd say it's a given.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t think he was quite there when I saw them before but I wouldn’t say he was sober either

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Blame Miranda

15. RockyHill

Yeah I hadn’t heard about any of that until last night when I was searching around for news on Evan. Totally nuts, he filed for divorce within days of starting touring with Lambert. He’s incredibly talented but has a few more screws loose than I realized.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's a slut and did dirty things to him, then he toured with her. It's about all there is to it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't stop listening to Isbell's live Ryman album

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. RockyHill

If we lived in a world where songwriting was the most valued ability of musicians he’d be the most famous musician in America.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You can hear us if you listen real closely.

RockyHill and justingroves like this.
  20. RockyHill

I should probably qualify that with the fact that I don’t know the extent to which I would still be able to identify with his songs if I were from a different part of the country. That really only applies to his work pre-Southeastern though.

I won’t pretend to know you personally but based on what I’ve gleaned from this board over the past five years I’d imagine “Outfit” might as well have been written about your life haha.

justingroves likes this.