The Country Music Thread, 8th Style...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanbill, Sep 1, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And children of children

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah that’s a heavy hitter for sure. If you grew up where most on this board did and TVA doesn’t give you goosebumps thinking about the life your grandparents or great grandparents lived there’s something wrong with you.

justingroves likes this.
  3. RockyHill

That song hit home a lot more for me when my brother and I tried to get our grandad to tell us more about his childhood late in his life. We knew he grew up poor but not necessarily many details. All he had to say was, “We were poor I guess but we never much thought about it. I usually had a pair of shoes that fit and I don’t remember a time when there wasn’t enough to eat. Plenty of people in our neck of the woods couldn’t say that.”

4. RockyHill

Did you buy it or is it available for streaming somewhere?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

iTunes

6. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

Going to Cody Jinks in Knoxville 11/8 and got tickets to Eric Church for next may 2019. Saw Turnpike this summer in Asheville. Got to see Sturgil Simpson and OCMS last May. Saw Chris Stapleton Friday in Knox. It's been a pretty good year for music for me.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Very good.

I’ve seen Colter/Margo and Leon Bridges.

Sturgill came out for a couple with Margo.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's on Spotify.

[uck fay] Auburn.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's pretty damn good.

10. RockyHill

Was originally looking in his albums and not playlists. Thanks.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was a pain to find. Not sure why it doesn't show up when you search for his albums.

12. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

That turnpike show at Salvage Station was great. Tornado Warning with the downpours and wind outside was just cool.

justingroves and RockyHill like this.
  13. Joseph Brant

Cody Canada at the shed 2/23, tickets bought

14. chavisut

Colter Wall next week

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Jinks concert was great last night. The crowd was into it from the beginning and both openers and Jinks killed it.

At one point during a song, he yelled at one of the security guards to "give her the [uck fay]ing hat back" because the [Penis] took some woman's hat that was holding it out for an autograph. After that song, he went on a rant about the "bullshit security" and he was pissed that someone called and complained during the Thursday night show that The Steel Woods were too loud. He finished up by saying something along the lines of it being the last time they'd play that [itch bay]/[uck fay]er (Tennessee Theatre) again.

16. Joseph Brant

Reckless was awesome, Shelby NC is a neat little town. Best pizza I've had south of NJ as well.

17. chavisut

Colter Wall was awesome last night.

18. Joseph Brant

He's on my list of need to see guys.

Casey Donahew tonight, nothing particularly deep or artistic but he's a hell,of a fun show

19. RockyHill

I’d really like to see him. I did once when I was a freshman in college but have no memory of it. Same with Jason Boland.

20. chavisut

Saw Colter with Margo at the Ryman few months back too. He’s probably my favorite going right now.

Sturgill is at the top of my list with Childers next.