The Crown & Goose Poatgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jan 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The gameplan was sound. Unfortunately, the Harrisons played the best game of their careers.
    2. Antonio Barton wasn't very good. He had a couple of open looks that would have swung the momentum if he hits them.
    3. Kentucky shooting 90%+ from the foul line also hurt. It's frustrating to get beaten by an anomalous performance.
    4. Jarnell Stokes played his best game of the season. He looked like an All SEC caliber player.
    5. Julius Randle is an impossible matchup at the collegiate level. UK doesn't get him the ball near enough
    6. Watching what Lon Kruger is doing at OU makes me angry. You get what you pay for in college athletics.
    7. The same sentiment comes over me when I see what Larry Brown is doing at SMU. It's amazing what a little vision can do for an athletic department.
    8. Josh Richardson needs to be more assertiveon offense. He let himself fall into a passive mode today.
    9. James Young will be a 20 point a night guy in the NBA. He's just serving his one year in college.
    10. If UT replicates that performance the rest of the regular season, they'll lose no more than two additional games. I'm not holding my breath waiting on that type of consistency.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean... You know you're not winning up there. Which is why blowing games against the likes of NCSU and Texas A&M is so damned annoying.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And that loss is the type to stick out to the committee.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That double high post and McRae disappearing regularly in big moments / games is bad news.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly. Offensively, it was pure stupidity the whole second half.

7. Madcap laughs

Madcap laughs Banned

Missing multiple front ends late was disappointing as well.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

By the senior leaders.