The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

100%

the video of the black community that had a 3 year old get shot in a drive by last weekend was sad as hell.

crazy the dramatic increase in violence since stuff kicked off and it’s getting almost no coverage

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think his perspective is interesting, and I agree with a lot of what he says in the article. I’m curious to hear what others on the site think of it.

We finally gave Joe Rogan a try and listened to his Thursday episode with James Lindsey. I really enjoyed the perspective of someone in academia talking about the idea of critical theory (from where a lot of this “woke” stuff stems) vs traditional theory. Also, I hadn’t heard the story of those fake papers he and others wrote, but that shit was hilarious.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Indy has gone to the Royal We. It truly is the End Times.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We is the girlfriend and me.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think what should be glaringly obvious is how deficient police training is. For the job and tasks they are assigned (which is a wide spectrum), they are woefully undertrained to handle them. Also, constant evaluations on officers should be completed on a regular basis.

These guys and gals are regular people like you and me and experience the same emotions. They should be required to regularly attend some type of situational training that focuses on dealing with the various types of incidents they experience in the field.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree with jocko willink on police training. He talks about how crazy it is that they're so under trained and that as a seal they'd train 14-16 months to do a 6- 8 month deployment in the seals.

He thinks police should train 20% each week.

NorrisAlan, CardinalVol and IP like this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with the last two posts. Now how do we get there? How do we make sure this sort of meaningful change takes place?

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think ending public unions, increasing training budget, and a national point system on police and after so many infractions you're removed from the force.

Also we need to remove a lot of our bullshit laws that don't have a victim and is more the police having to be the force of a nanny state.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It can't be done in the current system. It has to be scrapped and rebuilt.

But the way to do more training is to build it like the military, as far as pay: lower ranks make shit for money, so you can afford a whole lot more of them.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ideology change in the departments. I really know nothing of the internal workings of these things so I could be way off, but it seems they spend their money on equipment and more salaries instead of more training.

Kind of like UT and building buildings thinking that is championship football.

But again that is a very loose very outsider view of things.

13. fl0at_

Other than drug laws, what is an example of a bullshit law without a victim that is often enforced by police?

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Eric Garner selling loose cigs.

15. fl0at_

May come as a shock, but nicotine is a drug.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

State losing tax revenue was the issue

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They make shit for money now, so the base is there

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's a lot of examples of farmers having swat teams sent to their farms for selling their goods , gambling, and almost of societal for the good of the people laws.

Like in high schools across America now. They made it where the schools couldn't sell candy, chips and pop, so now there's a huge profitable black market of the students packing it in and selling.

19. fl0at_

It's a controlled substance. If you want to make a tax angle, then the victim is society, so that isn't victimless.

20. fl0at_

Cops make pretty good money. Median salary for an MPD officer, 5 years (so... between 26 and 27 years old) is $60k, before overtime.

By contrast, the median salary in Memphis is $40k.