The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A residential neighborhood isn't one of them. I get that our society is irretrievably obsessed with guns, but I'm sure there are places one should feel reasonably safe to not carry one. I've never owned a gun and jog all the time. Haven't ever had a concern.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You drop 1 and the other one is immediately having second thoughts if their intent was not just to talk.

I ll take the option of having the chance to live.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s not about obsessions or feelings.

You’re feeling of safety ends with one asshole crossing the line. It’s not crazy to be prepared for that in public.

4. Beechervol

What should be, and what is are 2 different things.

I'd guess when he left his home he wasnt concerned either.

That's not to say this happens all the time. But it also only takes one time.

5. Beechervol

Exactly.

6. Unimane

He was [uck fay]ing jogging, guys. How the [uck fay] are you supposed to carry a gun while [uck fay]ing jogging? Sweet Jesus.

That said, I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of a gun debate, as we've done a million times. The more pertinent discussion here is the incident.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looks like premeditated murder. They cut him off and had guns ready. But why.
    Dont know why the jogger went at the guys with guns either. If im jogger man and i see that in front of me, im darting in between houses and getting away, not going after, so makes me wonder what all was going on.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  8. Beechervol

Not all guns are shotguns or AR 14s.

The advances in gun designs and holsters concealed and open have come a long way.

It's not as outlandish as you would think.

9. Unimane

Yes, it is. If one feels the need to be armed while jogging in a residential neighborhood, then there is something very wrong with them or our society.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Jogging/walking outdoors is one of the highest activities for women to get attacked by a stranger.

They make equipment to make carrying easy while jogging.

The incident is a horrible tragedy either way. but if they were justified in force, they shouldn’t be charged.

If they acted illegally, they should be fully punished under the law.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s not true at all.

That’s how you view and wish the world was but it’s filled with people.

We’re imperfect and can be assholes to each other. Even in nice residential neighborhoods.

NYY likes this.
  12. Unimane

I so badly want to respond to this post, particularly with the insinuations of my naivete of people and the world, but I still would rather focus on the incident itself instead of doing the 367th multi-page discussion on guns which ends up in the same place where it started.

I'm still very interested in hearing people's interpretation of the memo written by the DA.

13. Beechervol

So something is wrong with him if he had carried and possibly could have survived. Lol

Welcome to a society where some mean to do harm. What should be, isnt what is.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Okay

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In a holster.

NYY likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lol

NYY and Beechervol like this.
  17. Unimane

Or, something wrong with the fine upstanding former police officer and worker in the DAs office for brandishing rifles at a clearly unarmed jogger. There is that, of course.

This is seriously stupid if the discussion a half page into this thread about this incident is regarding whether the jogger should've been armed.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How did they clearly know he was an unarmed jogger?

Especially if their story is true they they thought the runner was a bugler

19. Beechervol

Did you miss the part where I said there are people in our society who mean others harm.

Of course not, you jumped down that rabbit hole you were complaining about over a personal gun obsession of your own.

The police or DA ties are irrelevant. There are bad people in those departments no different that any others. They should reap the full bit if found guilty of wrong doing no different than anyone else.

The stupid part is had he decided to carry and possibly save his own life something has to be wrong with him for thinking he may need to.

20. Unimane

No, I said there is something wrong with him or society.

In any event, I don't give a [uck fay]. This is the, literally, least important and interesting discussion we could be having about this incident. Can one [dadgum] person comment on the memo by the DA about the incident or have some relevant observation of the topic?