The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were on their porch on their property doing nothing. No one has the right to just attack you. The police are not the law.

warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If they did not have the right to do that then they should be held accountable.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is it bad if that video made me laugh?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Baltimore is apparently nuts downtown. We live a mile or two East of the “true” downtown, right on the top right corner of the harbor. Quiet over here. People are out and walking around.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, thread title probably needs an update.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like the more footage you watch, the more the police demonstrate that they are out of control:

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

They won't be. And they know it. That is what needs to change as much as anything. It affects minorities in a greatly disproportionate manner, but injustice is absolutely a universal problem.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you have a good suggestion, I'll change it.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not seeing any "side" looking remotely good in all of this. Lots of instances of POS police officers over-reacting and abusing their power to peaceful protests and lots on instances of POSes burning and looting places to the ground. Lock up every criminal and throw them in the ocean.

Separate the riff raff from the cooler heads and lets move forward. Those on either side wanting to watch the world burn can eat a bullet.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I expect rioters to emerge and burn shit, and they should be dealt with through the law. I don't expect police officers to shove an elderly man with a cane multiple times until he falls to the ground, or shoot a woman carrying groceries in the face, or arrest identified media, or shoot people on their own porch, etc. After all, that's what the protests were over and they are demonstrating that there is indeed a problem.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sounds like we're in agreement they should all eat a bullet.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eating a bullet, no. This isn't Judge Dredd. I am sympathetic to the police dealing with someone violently attacking other people including the police, setting fires, etc. By all means, do what must be done to neutralize the situation. But the casual disregard for who is doing what at the protests is sickening. The porch thing is really beyond the pale and has no justification. If it was to "clear the lane," what would stop someone from just coming back outside right after they passed? So then what are they accomplishing? Nothing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

In cities where police march and participate in the demonstration, they're having better success. The militarization is a big part of the problem.

Unimane likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm talking about the cops driving through a street of sitting protesters or shooting paint cans at people on their porches and the people who feel like its perfect weather for a community bon fire or think they deserve a new TV.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bunch of White Supremacist in blackface looting a Nike store in LA right now.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Poor, poor protesters. The mans head must have really hurt their foot. I hope the skate boards they used to crack his skull open were not damaged.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t understand this.

You’re saying that the fact that 80% of the rioters arrested in Minneapolis are from out of state may be proof that there may NOT be some outside movement to cause chaos?

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wonder if the state of emergency...or just the general state of Minneapolis...allows such alternative measures?