The Downtown Grill & Brewery Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The kid has promise, Verc.

The kid has promise.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Somebody make this guy a guru

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pieces of shit everywhere are offended by your associating Kevin Stallings with them.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

In fairness, nobody recruited Hickey very heavily. I'm not sure he had a D-1 offer until he blew up in the state tourney, which put him on the radar of teams with leftover scholarships. Even at that, the news that he signed with an SEC school was locally met with, "Holy shit--LSU? Really?"

I'm always glad to see a local kid do well, but pretty much everybody missed him.

5. cotton

Just out of curiosity, what makes him a piece of shit?

I can see how you would think he is a jerk, or a whiner, but I'd like to know what relegates him to shitdom. Has he ever been in trouble with the law, or his regulating body? Does he lie to kids? Beat his wife? Host underage recruits on unofficial visits at cookouts?

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

*exercised

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Ha let's not get too rational about this, now.

8. cotton

I was really just curious. I don't think I'd like him very much if I knew him, but there seems to be a larger amount of strong feeling towards him than I would expect.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Never met him either but he just seems like a goober and he coaches at Vandy. I guess the fact he spurned Tennessee back in the day contributes to it. I'm sure we'd love him if he was hired here, that's how it goes.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Can't believe it took this long.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think Tennessee spurned him

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*cue Hat's retelling of the greatest story in the history of hiring a coach

I don't like the guy. He just looks like a [penis] (both literally and figuratively). I'd probably tolerate him if he coached here, but that would be about the extent of it.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He seems like an ass hole. I don't know if he's a good guy or not.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I stand corrected then, I was about 12 then

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Doug Dickless [uck fay]ed up the hiring of Stallings by taking a call from Tim Floyd in the house of Kevin Stallings. I'd say that would generate a healthy dislike of UT.

18. germanicus

germanicus New Member

The thing I always wondered about is how the Tennessee staff weighed Hickey vs Washpun. Those were the two PGs they targeted after arriving on campus. I wonder if it was a "first-come, first-served" deal with the scholarship or if they somehow picked Washpun over Hickey. Surely it wasn't the second case, and, if it was the first, waiting would have been good.

19. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Guy looks like an asshole. Guy coaches at Vanderbilt. Ergo guy probably really is an asshole. No reason to get too granular about it.

20. cotton

Probably just semantics, but asshole and piece of shit have different connotations. I never would have questioned the assertion that Stallings is an asshole.