The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

- https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/ajp.2007.164.7.1044

- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/wps.20460 - French scientists
    "The use of antidepressants to prevent suicidal behaviour is supported by several facts. First, most pharmacoepidemiologic studies, which are more representative of patient populations than RCTs, show a protective effect of antidepressant use with respect to suicide1. Second, although observational studies suggest an increased risk of suicidal ideation or suicide among young people receiving antidepressants, antidepressants actually seem to reduce the risk when confounding by indication is accounted for3. Third, post‐mortem studies with toxicological detection of antidepressants indicate that suicides in depressed patients occur more often among those who are not taking an antidepressant1."

- https://search.proquest.com/openvie...622d89e3e6/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=2041886

- https://www.nimh.nih.gov/about/directors/thomas-insel/blog/2011/antidepressants-a-complicated-picture.shtml
    "Perhaps the best evidence for efficacy comes from patients who have been treated successfully with antidepressants and are switched in a blinded fashion to placebo. In a meta-analysis of 31 withdrawal studies among more than 4,000 patients, Geddes and colleagues found that 41 percent of patients who were switched to placebo relapsed, compared to 18 percent who remained on an antidepressant.xiii These studies provide compelling evidence that antidepressants are effective for some people."

- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0087089/
    The various antidepressants have been compared in many studies. Overall, the commonly used tricyclic antidepressants SSRIs and SSNRIs performed equally well. Studies of adults with moderate or severe depression showed:

• Without antidepressants: About 20 to 40 out of 100 people who took a placebo noticed an improvement in their symptoms within six to eight weeks.
    • With antidepressants: About 40 to 60 out of 100 people who took an antidepressant noticed an improvement in their symptoms within six to eight weeks.
    Studies involving adults show that taking commonly used antidepressants such as TCAs, SSRIs or SSNRIs lowers the risk of relapses, but cannot completely prevent them.

• Without preventive treatment: About 50 out of 100 people who took a placebo had a relapse within one to two years.
    • With preventive treatment: About 23 out of 100 people who took an antidepressant had a relapse within one to two years.
    You're welcome to take naturalnews dot com's word without any sourcing, but I'll roll with the research.​

chef65 likes this.
  3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just want to say you guys shit all over the this thread. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

chavisut likes this.
  4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

My grandma.

The finality is numbing. Not really sure how to process. But held her hand for a few hours yesterday, told her how much I loved her and appreciated her. She passed shorty after I left her room.

Thankful that I got that moment and that closure. We’re often not that fortunate.

Tenacious D, VolDad, gcbvol and 4 others like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sorry for your lost, jt.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sorry jt

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Thanks, brotha.

In most ways, she passed a few years ago. Dementia set in rapidly. She didn’t know where she was, or what was going on. Couldn’t carry a conversation for more than 10 seconds, and even those were unintelligible. Body and vitals were surprisingly strong, but brain was shot.

Hard to be too broken up about, because that was no way to live. Happy for her, but miss her.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Thanks, brotha.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sorry, JT

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Thanks bud.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

No we are not. Very sorry for your loss -glad you had that time.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Sorry JT

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Very sorry for your loss, JT, but glad you got the time with her before she passed. Was similar for me with my dad and I've always been thankful for those moments to express love and appreciation. My thoughts are with you and your family.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Thanks, boys.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Prayers for you and your family JT

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Sorry for your loss JT.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Praying for you JT. Been there and it sucks. Getting to say goodbye helps with some closure.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Matt “Guitar” Murphy.

“Let’s boogie” was a classic line in Blues Brothers and I use it frequently.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator