The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Sad for sure, his career was just starting too.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Played T'Challa, Jackie Robinson, James Brown, and Thurgood Marshall.

That's a nice resume.

justingroves likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Message from the King, a Netflix movie he did, was pretty damn good too. No one ever really talks about that one

CardinalVol likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Cliff Robinson

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

John Thompson

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Man, I thought he was older than 78.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

An experience i'll never forget is meeting him and Ewing in before they played Memphis St in old Freedom Hall in the ncaa tourney as a 13 yr old.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Pretty anti-cancel culture here, but I'm gonna go ahead and say we need to cancel 2020.

9. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Growing up in the northeast, I had the good fortune of being raised on Big East basketball. I missed most of the 80’s which was of course the heyday of the league, but getting to watch a bunch of legendary coaches for a few years was a great experience.

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

Bob "Bullet" Armstrong. One of my favorite wrestlers.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Tom Seaver

12. Ssmiff

Hunter Thompson, 23, law student at memphis. Died a month after being beaten for being white and in wrong place at wrong time. Savage beating left him on life support.
    All lives matter.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You know the "lives matter" part is referring to justice, right?

14. Ssmiff

You know if 5 white dudes beat a black dude to death it would be headline news and a hate crime, right? Or maybe you dont. I dont give a shit

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Are his killers not being charged?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Unimane

So, you don't understand. The concept behind the Black Lives Matter results from abuses by police and other figures towards black people where they received no justice for the violations committed against them, particularly in the case of the police, which is why the movement was focused there. It does not mean Black Lives Only Matter.

Are the guys who committed this act charged with the crime? That would be the justice part.

I don't know anything about the case, but it sounds terrible. I hope there is justice done. It just seemed like you wanted to place heavy emphasis only the All Lives Matter part, which has been used as an undercutting of the BLM concept.

17. Ssmiff

Nah uni i wanted to emphasize if the victim was black and was beaten to death by 5 crackers it would looked on differently, especially right now.
    Dont care about your movement. You do you.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In what way would it be looked upon differently?

19. Unimane

So, you don't really give a shit other than to make your usual "If this had happened to this group, then this would've happened" hypothetical [itch bay]ing nonsense? But, you don't care about the movement other than to make some appropriation of their motto and make some comment as a back handed swipe towards their goals?

How shitty of you.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent