The Final Frontier: All Things Star Trek

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

actually never watched DS9 but sounds fun

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Watch the Irishman Suffer was definitely a couple of episodes every season. Between that and the anti-Irish subtext of the original series and early TNG (I think Roddenberry may be the source), Star Trek's hole in the progressive armor is weirdly a 19th century British attitude towards Irish people.

droski likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Any nationality that demands to be kissed solely because of its nationality is highly questionable

fl0at_ likes this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You'll have to view it cached:

Code:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5fv7R9LPTLcJ:https://twitter.com/frenegi/status/1396912879257915396+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Truly very accurate.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My world is now complete.

Tim Russ, who plays Tuvok, was also in Spaceballs.

That's right .

He ain't found shit.

I can die happy knowing this now.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

you didn't know that? he was also in one of the star trek movies long before being a Vulcan I believe

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I had no clue. He was in star trek vi, I know. In fact they retconned him to actually be Tuvok in a voyager episode.

I had no clue he hadn't found shit.

No clue.

9. fl0at_

While we're here, Season 2 of Lower Decks dropped. So...

10. fl0at_

Finished DS-9, on to Voyager

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thoughts on DS9?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i could never get into voyager

13. fl0at_

It was good. Last season was crap. Jadzia was a better Dax. Dominion was dumb.

IP likes this.
  14. fl0at_

I've forced myself to watch everything else, including the animated series. I'll survive it.

15. fl0at_

Ye gods. This is proving harder than I imagined. Voyager is just not fast enough paced for me.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where are you at?

17. fl0at_

The planet running game on the crew, that has the ability to send them forward 40,000 light years. I make it about 5 minutes in, and then I end up turning it off for a bit, then back on again... repeat.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

So the pilot episode? That one has some really bad technobabble that pisses me off because it is just ignorant, concerning the Okampa's planet and weather situation.

19. fl0at_

No, like 9 or so episodes in. They meet this sophisticated group that just wants to be "hospitable," but really they are just trying to screw all the crew members

One chick transports Harry to some planet so they can watch the sun rise... and he figured out their transporter took him and the girl 40,000 light years away.

But by law, the people can't give them this technology, so they offer to trade stories.

That's where I've paused

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh man, ya. That happens at least 1 or 2 other times with other groups in some form or another. Maybe 4 more times.