The Fulmer Stories and Low Scale Restaurants Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 18, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

http://8thmaxim.com/site/forum/showthread.php?t=14974&page=37&p=762398&viewfull=1#post762398

There you go.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Their fried chicken and those rolls were life giving. And when they used to have the buttered corn...

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Went down hill since they stopped letting the waitresses smoke while waiting on tables.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Finally convinced my wife to give it a try for breakfast one morning when she was 7.5 months pregnant. We went back every saturday for a month until her baby bump prevented her from fitting in a booth. It was a glorious month. Still trying to convince her she hasn't truly experienced a Waffle House until she's gone with the 2am crowd.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Let's not kid ourselves, all of the other food was just to waste time until we got the green light to go to the dessert portion of the buffet.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'd still eat at Ryan's if the West Knox location had not been shut down for failed health inspections. After that, I became skeptical so I avoid Golden Corrall as well.

I ate Shoney's once as 12 year old and vomited for 3 days, so that was the end of that. We never ate there again, though I had already promised myself I'd never eat there again once I got a job.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Gummy bears and soft serve was my go to.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Soft serve with their hot fudge cake with tons of candy and cookies on top

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'll gladly partake of shoney's breakfast bar and waffle house. i don't think i've been to ryan's more than once or twice in my life

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell, I like Waffle House. It's literally the metric of civilization functioning during a disaster. When the Waffle Houses start closing, Homeland Security stands up and takes notice. No joke.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ryan's beats the hell out of Shoney's. Ryan's was my favorite restaurant from ages 7 to 10.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same here. I use to love that place. Asked my parents to take me there all the time.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Never been to Ryan's, but will still kill some Waffle House. Bonanza was our go to as poor kids. Quincys was a step up. Shoneys was breakfast only. Only one I'd consider now is WH. In fact, my son insists on eating there with my dad over every Christmas.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Waffle House here at exit 122 is my boys and mines go to boys out joint. Could eat my weight while there.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's been years since I have been to a WH but I still remember going there as a kid whenever we would travel. My dad was always a sucker for a good WH when we were traveling.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A tradition in passing to my son. We have no Bojangles or WH around here, so we kill them when we head south.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Waffle House is fine, I guess....never had a bad meal there, but really never a fan.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ryan's was the pinnacle of fine eatery to young me. Had family members occasionally walk out with cookies wrapped in a napkin then stuffed in their pockets.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bonanza....yes! That was the fancy restaurant we went to in Jackson though.