The Future of the LOS

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 23, 2018.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

While it wont be deep I dont really see it taking a step back. Maybe stay about the same. Need the JUCOs coming in to perform quickly.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Need Emerson, Crosby and others to be ready. Phillips, Tuttle. Bain, Alexis Johnson gone. Ready to have DL that can beat their man 1 v 1.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Crosby has been at guard for awhile. I expect him to leave in December

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I imagine the mass exodus that we expected last spring will happen then.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13 or 14 guys will have to leave to make room for the 2019 signing class.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. 9-3 with the schedule next year and improvement from this year's team is certainly a good goal, but it'll still be another year before it can be the expectation. Even if we're at 80% to win against BYU, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, etc., that still gives us pretty good odds to lose to one of them. And we'll definitely be underdogs in at least three (Bama, Georgia, Florida away). 9-3 is doable, but people talking about it being the floor are way overconfident.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Totally agree.

I’ll take 8-4 next season right now, today.

VOLinDAWGland and hohenfelsvol like this.
  8. BigOrangeBeech

They say the second year is the big jump if you have a good coach. The schedule is set up as good as it has been in a long time to get to a 9-3 mark next year. The west game is is against a MSU team at home that will be without Fitz.

UGA, UF, and Bama are the most likely losses.

UsCjr is at home, Mizzou will have a new QB, Vandy is Vandy, and UK is UK.

Believe and and achieve it folks.

Ben Tobin and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2nd year is where you find out if you have a coach. I expect 10-2. UF wont get 1039 turn overs next year.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  10. BigOrangeBeech

I'll take it this year.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

10-2 is within the realm of possibility, but I don't think Butch set us up as well as some of the year two success stories have been. UF can be had. Georgia can be had. We could be favorites in the other nine games (apart from Alabama). But a lot of those games we could be favorites in are also pretty losable. Obviously, opponents could get better or worse and so our schedule could be tougher or easier than we expect. But the way I'm looking at it right now, I'd take 9-3 in a heartbeat, and 8-4 would be fine. 10-2 or 11-1 would be wild success, and 7-5 or worse looks from here like failure.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

9-3 would be a good year next year. This 2019 class is going to be the foundation for 10 win+ seasons

13. NorrisAlan

Let me state that "expect" was a strong word for me in my 10-2 thing. I believe it is very attainable. 9-3 should be the minimum, however, 11-1 would be beyond expectation (though I think Pruitt is already in Smart's head).

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Flipping last year's record would be [uck fay]ing outstanding.

15. Tar Volon

I think getting a win out of Florida, Georgia, and Alabama is very attainable. I think getting a win out of those three and also going undefeated against Mississippi State, BYU, South Carolina, Missouri, and Kentucky is possible but a tough hill to climb.

16. BigOrangeBeech

I hate we're already talking about next year. I'm excited to see what improvements we make through the end of this year. Let's win out. Let's ride.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I’m. Looking forward to Saturday. I believe in Pruitt thus I expect to see our best game next week.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If you will it, it is no dream.

19. NorrisAlan

What the [uck fay] you talking about, man?

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You are a treasure Mr NorrisAlan