The George Carlin Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volgrad98, May 17, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got 6 cousins from age 6 to 19. I've been around a lot of annoying children shows.I dread when he starts to like them

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Capt. Feathersword rocks!

Fruit salad- yummy, yummy.....

Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, [ock cay]-a-doodle-doo!......

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It really isn't that bad, and it is only like 15 minutes long. My kid likes the toys and pays a little attention to the show. He has other staples.

No, he doesn't.

I'll give my heartfelt endorsement of this position. My son really likes Sid the Science Kid, which I'd put in the same boat. Caillou is not unbearable. Sesame Street is OK most of the time.

The shows that really annoy the hell out of me are the ones with no discernible plot, goal, or development. The Wiggles are a random collection of weirdos. Barney is a goofy gummy bear singing songs. I don't know what the hell Yo Gabba Gabba is supposed to be at all. They all seem to be some sort of portrayal of a flaming homosexual's acid trip through Chucky Cheese. I feel lucky that the worst I have to endure is Thomas, Sid, or Elmo.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Tom and Jerry went over pretty well with mine, but I didn't stick with it. I think the PC infiltration of kid's television is way overdone, but I did feel a little odd watching lovable cartoon characters chop each other up with meat cleavers and gouge out each other's eyes. It really isn't that far from Itchy and Scratchy,

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I feel like we've ruined volgrad's thread. . .

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thomas the Train wasn't that bad! RUN from Barney!

7. JayVols

Ahoy there, me hearties?

Edit: If I am going to use the venerable Feathersword's catch phrases, I should use them correctly. Oohoohoohoooo!

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. JayVols

Never had to deal with him. Thank God.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, the kiddo is obsessed with Cars. My guess is before he turns 8 years old we'll be visiting California to go to Cars Land.

I tried to tell all of you.............

I like Sesame Street. Elmo gets old, but some of the stuff is hysterical. My little guy is a fan of Super Why. I can't handle Caillou. I just can't. In every episode I hope he tragically dies. Thankfully he doesn't care too much for it either.

At some point I'm going to try to reintroduce some stuff like GI Joe, Transformers, etc.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just turn on SpongeBob an`d be done with it!

11. CardinalVol

Im actually sitting here debating how many episodes of sesame street i have watched in my life. Got to be close to 2000 episodes.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yes the result was unexpected but entertaining nonetheless. Threads can be more entertaining when they veer off course.

13. JayVols

Phineas and Ferb is solid.

14. JayVols

More on topic, I think we should start every morning on the 8th with a moment of muffled conversation for the treated and released.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[video=youtube;_rIPe5akN48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rIPe5akN48[/video]

16. CardinalVol

Agreed. It is hysterical.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I really enjoy the live kids shows, for two reasons:

1. Ratio of women to men: 652 to 1
    2. Percentage of those women who are known to put out: 100%

There. I said it.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Barney was banned from our house before we even had a kid.

My older son (7) likes Bakugan, Phineas, and even some iCarly. Don't judge him.

My youngest likes Tennessee football (no, that not just wishful boasting) - he asks to watch a piece of a DVR'd game each night before bed. Guess what he always chooses? [uck fay]ing Kentucky game. Imagine re-living that each night, and not being able to let loose streams of obscenities. And he'll ask, "Are we losing?" and I'll say yes, and through clenched teeth will say something along the lines of that's our team, and we support them, win or lose.

True story.

19. CardinalVol

Ive started playing a fun game at such events.

For guys it is "was he a pothead in college?"

For the ladies it is "is she a reformed slut?"

It passes time at boring ones.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"sorry buddy, daddy lost the tape. why don't we watch this other game (insert NC game)"