The Greatest Superhero of All-Time

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 19, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude was soft. There shouldn't be reoccurring environmental super villains. They should be relocated to a penal colony on Venus. Bring your own habitat.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Funny you say that. I thought they were the shit growing up in the early and mid 90's. Now, I agree. They seem whiny, and I think Magneto was closer to right on a few of his schemes (Living separately on Asteroid M, taking over Genosha and making it a mutant haven) than Xavier was. In retrospect, they were angsty and whiny.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Maricon.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[​IMG]

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ummm it's ****ing batman and no one else is close. dude kicks ass without a bunch of super powers. also kicked superman's ass (as ridiculous as that particular premise was).

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

NAMBLA approves of this choice.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Which is precisely why they were so relatable when we were younger, when these emotional attributes are more common. I also cannot tell you how many of my team loved the X-Men because they related to the whole different and ostracized theme; it was and is extremely relatable, only without the cool abilities.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've had this argument somewhere but don't think it was here:

At some point, even though it is apparently a naturally born characteristic, doesn't his intellect and willpower warrant "super power" status? I mean, the character is clearly intelligent, clever, resourceful and strong-willed to levels far beyond anything that exists in the real world.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Stan Lee actually mentioned that once, regarding the X Men. Very relatable in the Civil Rights era, and then again with America finally facing and coming to grips with LGBT issues and culture. He said it was unintentional, but gratifying.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Today, if I meet a man who likes the X-Men or has more than 2 colors in his tie....I think he's looking for a certain type of bar.

12. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

If Batman used his wealth to fund an intergalactic mining mission and lined his suit with kryptonite, he'd have a chance.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's probably what great art is to me: those accidental to subtle notes that resonate to larger things. Putting crucifixes in toilets or a single dot on a canvas is silly pretentious stuff to me. But I guess I'm just not refined.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Who's your favorite x-man?"

"Beast."

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the comics have established that Batman has super man's number.

16. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Was always a Batman guy.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I didn't like the whole "super rich, unlimited resources" angle. Seemed like a lazy plot device.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I laughed. Funny thing is your accuracy rate would probably be respectable.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't beat his other detection methods, but the judge warned him that he's on his last strike.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

which was of course ridiculous seeing as how superman is basically indestructible.