The Greatest Superhero of All-Time

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 19, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Which is why I find Superman to be a completely unwatchable, unreadable character.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Same. Boring. His weaknesses include not getting a little bit of yellow sunlight and a rare mineral from a planet light years away.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I completely agree.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Everybody else is a cheap Spiderman ripoff. Even spiderman is a cheap Spiderman ripoff.

C'mon. He's like the 7th coolest xman.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What I like about Spiderman is that his powers are really not that great, if you think about it. Kind of goofy. Yet he makes it work.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He's like 40 times stronger than the average human, has esp, and can climb walls. I think you are underestimating his badassitude.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

But in a world of super powered villains, he super strong but not hulk strong, he has a "spider sense" but it doesn't tell him what the danger is and it is only for immediate things, and... climbing walls? Eh. Useless in an open environment. Think about it: take him out of the city and away from any large trees, and he is a pretty mediocre super human. Fast not not incredibly so. Strong but not incredibly so. Not psychic, just "spider sense." Can't fly. He gets by on his wits in the marvel universe almost as much as batman does in his.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Probably going to Disney World in the first week of June.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Aquaman, badass:

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Aquaman:

11. MWR

MWR Contributor

When I was a kid back in the 60s and 70s, I would try to find a way every month to Woodson's Supermarket and buy the latest issue of Thor. 12 cents, a fortune to a young man of 10 years.

[​IMG]

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Rod Wilkes

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yes.

Don't screw with Spidey.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Never a big spider man fan, either. Liked the Avengers, fantastic four, and the mythos of the marvel universe.

Never liked DC (my avatar is simply an homage to the Batman series with Adam west and frank gorshin was awesome).

16. JayVols

You're a commie.

The old Captain Mar-Vel stuff was good.

Marvel's Secret Wars series was solid too.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I liked Marvel comics, pretty much all of them. I never read any DC, other than Batman

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah, but he's kind of weenie

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Eric Berry.

20. JayVols

Anyone interested in a good story (even as adults) check out the Captain Marvel (not the DC "Shazam!" one but rather the Marvel Comics one) graphic novels about The Kree Wars. The demi-god, Thanos, who was seen at the end of the credits in the first Avengers movie is a major player. It's a really good story.