The Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Sep 23, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm going to preserve the Arctic tundra today

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

In this cold, I’m out JG. It’s already hard enough for me to stay quiet and still - and hypothermia wouldn’t make it any easier.

Good luck!

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Actually, hypothermia makes it far easier to sit still and be quiet. Like, really still and really quiet.

Volst53 likes this.
  4. Tenacious D

Well, as it can take up to 20-30 minutes for hypothermia to render a person unconscious, you assume that JG wouldn’t have gone mad and shot me while sharing a blind together, and well beforehand.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The snow geese are safe

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heaviest turkey I've killed

26 pounds 1-1/8th spurs and a 10 inch beard

10SEvols likes this.
  8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Good lord that’s a damn hoss.

I like old west guns so I bought an 1887 model lever shotgun, got a 19 inch barrel and only shoots 2 3/4 inch shells. Missed a big tom with it last weekend. Lesson learned.

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like those guns, but I want as much lead as possible flying at their heads

This turkey hunt took 5 minutes. I got out of the truck, went to piss and heard a hen. I crouched down, a hen came up over a ridge at about 15 yards. Two more were behind her acting nervous. I clucked once, they sounded off. The tom came on a dead sprint past them and damn near ran into me. Boom flop

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My annual turkey trip was canceled this year due to hail killing just about every turkey on 5,000 acres in Texas. That probably ends next year too, since even if there is an awesome hatch this year, it'll be mostly Jakes next year.

Anyone need a motorized Jake and hen combo? Never used, only dropped twice.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That’s crazy. Whereabout in Texas?

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Shamrock

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Got any ketchup for that?

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The deerskin purse and crayons really set the table.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha

I'm in the middle of finishing my house and moving. I have stuff scattered all over between 2 houses

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Got drawn for gator tags today. End of August, last time I won tags, we got hit by Irma and I worked almost 3 months straight. Didn't get to use both tags.

justingroves and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  19. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

A friend of mine had 12 last year at the out of state price. I think he used 6 of them.

20. Tenacious D

KMF - Do you hunt gators for personal use or profit? Once you catch them, do you just sell them for cash, keep the meet, have boots made of the hide, or some combination of the two? Or, is all of that secondary, and the desire for tags is really just because you like to hunt gators and the experience itself is what you value most?

I don’t care why or what you do with them, but am just curious. I know that when Groves / Float kill a a deer, ducks, turkeys, etc., that it’s for meat, and trophies. I’m just not familiar with what you do with a gator, once bagged.