The hype train

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 19, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And plays no one

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Richt will have a little success there.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That hasn't stopped them from losing plenty of games before

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It has been driven by lack of QB play and not by choice. UT has had the same problems and we have a much worse offensive staff. The HC comparison isn't even close and Les is dumb as a hammer. Butch simply sucks.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sounds about right

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't know that there's a RB who can be so good as to carry a team to 9 wins. If the QB blows, it's only a matter of time before the RB is going to start having a rough go of it.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How many did they win last year?

Arkansas with McFadden and what'shisface was another. UGA the last couple of years has gotten by with no QB.

8. kidbourbon

9-3.

Okay, maybe they you 9 wins. I concede.

9. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Im not a fan of Butch. I also dont hate him either. I think he is personable and does pretty well in recruiting. Unfortunately, you need the X's and O's to go along with those Jimmys and Joes. I have yet to see one bit of proof to stake his claim as a competent coach. I expect fully to be in ATL and compete thoroughly to the end and hopefully win the SEC. If that doesnt happen with what we have on the field, ill be extremely heated.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Depends how long you want to go back. Herschel Walker won a national title by himself. Ron Dayne got Wisconsin to major bowls with nobodies under center.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You mean like the one Alabama runs?

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

No, I don't. Alabama opens things up with the throw game far more than LSU does.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Xs and Os are only one of Butch's many problems.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are by far his biggest problem, though

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If clock management is rolled up in X's and O's, then yeah. His game time decisions suuuuuuck.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't know. What about player development, instilling toughness, teaching technique, having a winner's mentality, and understanding what's important to focus on and what's not? He got 99 problems.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, I'd say it is

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

LSU doesn't do that because their QBs, outside of Mettenberger have been awful for a zillion years. Cam Cameron definitely likes to throw the football.

19. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Being why I mentioned the biggest problem and didnt create a long list. I rolled clock/game management into that as well.

20. kidbourbon

I wouldn't roll them together.

Program management
    Game management
    Scheme design and implementation

Butch is good at one of those.