The Ice Bucket Challenge

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why is everyone dumping ice on their heads instead of donating to the damn charity? Anyone else seen this?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Someone is donating. Saw earlier today ALS has raised over $10M through this.

Most are dumping and giving.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I enjoyed bill gates doing it. You know the guy with a $50 billion dollar foundation, but yeah raising awareness is the way to go.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know for sure, but most of the people I've seen doing it on Facebook are people that wouldn't be donating money. And every challenge says do the challenge OR donate money.

It's good that they are raising money from it though.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Herd mentality

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, but several will do both. Just how it works.

(I've been involved with a couple of fundraisers, just trust me on this.)

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know. The last time a random grown man on a message board told me to trust him, it didn't turn out so great.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Sab...

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think sometimes things like that just generate some excitement or interest or whatever and you probably get a percentage of people donate that wouldn't have otherwise

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's a great cause and I'm glad they're raising money, but when you nominate other people I feel like it's one of those things that's like forward this email or you don't love God.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Fiancée did it last night honor of 2 friends fathers lost to the disease. And then she donated.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I drank a glass of ice water instead.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw a guy earlier post that he didn't have any money to donate, so he was dumping water on his head.

He was wearing golf attire and a golf glove in the video. I'm no expert, but I think golf is pretty expensive.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Texas Tech is my favorite so far.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  16. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

God bless kliff k

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I can't wait until someone ups the stakes and challenges Jesus Christ himself.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Jimmie Johnson did it last night then challengd Ryan Newman stating he may need it to cool off.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The way the challenge was presented from the beginning was to dump ice, donate $10, and challenge threeothers OR donate $100. You get the 100 or a 10 donation and the chain mail effect.

And, it has seemed to work.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It is odd that something that is rooted in charity comes off as so narcissistic. Case in point kaepernick. He posts one where he's angrily gritting his teeth and proclaims "I don't feel cold!" The why are you wearing a shirt buddy?