The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wild ass drunks make a lot of noise

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Aaaah this series. C’mon, Canes.

3. Tar Volon

Jaccob Slavin for Lady Byng and also for OT hero

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Massive throw

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Seems like Preds went into a hockey prevent in the 3rd. Outshot 16-5 and hardly tried to set up offense. Like we were up 3 goals

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Didn’t have much problem with them trying to park the bus tbh. Saros killing it, down a DMan, and absolutely gassed, there’s not a lot of good ways to play it.

Regardless, they made that way more of a series than it had any business being against the eventual Stanley Cup winner

justingroves likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

They did a bit but also the Canes find another gear when they go down two goals. They’ve been doing it all season. I kinda wonder why they can’t play like that all the time because that’s a team that can win a Cup, and I’m not sure the team we’ve seen in tie game scenarios is quite there.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s because they have a gear that maybe one or two other teams has. They are just flat out better than everyone else. They get through Tampa and they will breeze to the Cup

9. Tar Volon

I sure hope so. I remain terrified of Tampa, Boston, and Colorado. I think Toronto and Vegas may be legit contenders, but I also think the Canes have what it takes to get by them.

Honestly, I think the worst remaining matchup may be Boston—they’re not as good as Tampa and Colorado, but they neutralize Carolina’s forechecking in a way that I don’t think I’ve seen from anyone else.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Seeing the player line after, Carolina reminded me of when we played MBA this year. Looked like a V vs JV squad as far as size, and in game speed. We needed Arvi

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, Nashville had no business being in that series. I’ve given Hynes shit all year and still wish he’d played Fabbro over Harpur and Gudbranson, but a couple things go different and we are talking about “man, can we keep it up against the Lightning?” right now. And yeah Saros played really well, but some of the ways Hynes schemed were brilliant, particularly going to that breakout focused NZ trap in Game 5. If Preds had another guy or two that could finish, or just a little more luck on the puck during some of the odd mans, he looks like a damned genius right now.

The first 40 minutes last night was maybe the best hockey I’ve seen them play all season. They just looked like the better team and Carolina didn’t look comfortable in the least. But they were pretty clearly out of gas in the third and losing Josi made it worse. Carolina is too good to not take advantage of that, and you knew a push was coming.

I honestly don’t know if the Preds would have had anything in the tank for Game 7 had they won, but I also didn’t expect them to hang last night.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

13. Tar Volon

The Canes Twitter account never fails to be hilarious.

14. Tar Volon

And I thought Saros was good...I mean I knew Vasilevskiy was on another level but damn

15. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Avs are murdering people. Outscoring their opponents 27-7 through five games.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The first half of game 3 I thought the Blues were outplaying them... and were down 3-0. It might just be their year

17. Tar Volon

I obviously hope we don’t see it, but Avs/Bolts would be a hell of a series.

18. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

About to be 54 years without a cup for Toronto. Breaks my heart.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Haven’t won a series during the entire run of Grey’s Anatomy

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay] 'em.