The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Slight correction, Forsberg has played 13 games, but still on pace for a helluva season and is right with Duchene and Granlund in points per game

2. chef65

chef65 Contributor

You have to nip that in the bud man. That’s the kind of thing that brainwashes someone for life.

3. chef65

chef65 Contributor

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Pretty fun when you can actually score! I'm loving this season

5. Joseph Brant

Flames certainly have players, they've never been able to get results worthy of their talent with the current group. Tkachuk is a piece of shit and I love him for it.

They also have top 5 sweaters, in my humble opinion.

6. Joseph Brant

Good move bringing in Gorton to run the Habs, and presumably a francophone former player who wants to learn the executive ropes as a front man. Habs were really hurting themselves with the policy of needing a bilingual GM. Which they will have, but I assume he'll mostly be a mouthpiece and part of the think tank.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Speaking of sweaters. I, like most rational people, hate the Oilers

But the decision to make those navy sweaters their primary was a good one. Those are slick as hell

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It was maybe NHL 2001 for PC that let you upload custom audio for taunts. My game was not rated E for Everyone.

chef65 likes this.
  9. chef65

chef65 Contributor

ah 2001. I was playing zoo tycoon, feeding guests to great whites.

10. chef65

chef65 Contributor

That winter classic jersey confirms everything I’ve thought about the Stadium Series and the kinds of people who attend such farces. If you’re going to do outdoor do it right and play in Nunavut while you still can. Make it a for tv spectacle, throw out the rulebook.

11. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Tonight is a good example of the importance of a balanced sports portfolio. The Predators pissed me off losing to a Boston team devoid of Marchand and I’m depressed about the possibility of no baseball but the Grizzlies score [uck fay]ing 152 and all is well. At any given point at least one of my teams will either be contending now or have a bright future.

12. chef65

chef65 Contributor

If women didn’t exist I think this video would have to suffice:

13. chef65

chef65 Contributor

In a July 2019 interview with Vsemu Golovin, Panarin strongly criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying, "The mistake in our society is treating him like a superhuman. He is a regular person, like us, and he is serving us... Yes, to be a president you have to be smart and enlightened, but our biggest mistake, among many, is thinking that we have nobody better than Vladimir Vladimirovich. This is nonsense. How many million people live here? No question there is someone better." Sportsnet claimed that Panarin is by far the biggest Russian athlete to speak out against Putin, and Russian-American ice hockey reporter Slava Malamud, who translated the interview, claimed that it was unprecedented in Russian sports for someone of Panarin's caliber to be so critical of Putin.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  14. chef65

chef65 Contributor

sic semper tyrannis

15. chef65

chef65 Contributor

solidarity [uck fay] the system, bomb kill shoot shot

16. chef65

chef65 Contributor

ban me and prove to the world the cowards you are. delete this comment and validate my suspicions.

17. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Do it, delete it cowards

18. chef65

chef65 Contributor

cave to alphabet

19. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Somebody needs to have some [uck fay]ing balls. the message i get from society is we should all take our ball and go home. never show emotion lest you make someone nervous. [uck fay] it im done with trying to contort myself to fit this impossible platonic stoic ideal.

20. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Bend the knee you bastards and make sure I’m never seen again.

Volnation.com

Thus with a kiss I die.