The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Blues are limping in a bit.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Dallas could give them some trouble, they're a scrappy bunch. Phoenix would be scary with Smith, but who's to say if he'll be ready in the event they sneak in,

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Oh, I thought I would get a rabid response from my post......disappoint

4. Joseph Brant

Wrong board

5. JohnnyQuickkick

faaaaaaaaang fingers

(that's gotta be the dumbest thing in all the history of sport)

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously, the bandwagon nature of Pred fans is comical to me.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The catfish thing is pretty retarded as well......not to mention, completely ripping off that club that you want to be sooo much like.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Hey....wut r dem dere red lines on dat dere ice rink for?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

I was there last month and there were seriously so many Blues fans, any Preds fan that threw a catfish might have been thrown out there right behind it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I went to two Preds games. One because I wanted to watch the Penguins play in the lat 90's. Another to watch my Canadiens play in the mid 2000's.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think the preds played the leafs in Nashville a total of 2 times in their first 10years in Nashville. Annoying as shit.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I've been to several preds games and I'll go see them anytime they're on the road near me, but that's so I can support Nashville as much as anything else.

Hell, I'm sadly now a Flyers fan because my son is and we have a helluva lot of fun with it.

Best live sport there is.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The Preds under Barry Trotz have been entertaining for maybe 8 weeks out of the 16 years so far. So...

Blues' Nashville road crowd has typically been pitiful (not that away crowds should ever be especially noteworthy, but nature of the beast). Only sing when you're winning IYAM. Blackhawks in the same category though to not quite the same degree.

Biggest rip off involving Nashville and Detroit is going to be the Legwand deal. Hide and watch.

(that better?)

14. Joseph Brant

There's a good fanbase in Nashville, its much better than it was 5 years ago. What annoys me is the inferiority complex, the lashing out etc. In that regard they fall in the same group as the most militant women's basketball fans.

15. Joseph Brant

This is going to wind up being true, Legwand will catch his second wind up there.
    The Trotz system is useful when youre at a deficit skill wise, as you can hang around and steal some games, but the flipside is that skill players don't want anything to do with playing like that. The management team has won one playoff series in 15 years, loyalty is great, but I think you've seen all they can do for you.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Impending FA Legwand for Jarnkrok (who has already looked better than most of our roster) and a second rounder if (actually when, just checked standings) the Wings make the playoffs, though? I'm good with the Preds' side.

Also feel compelled to say that Geno Auriemma is a piece of shit.

17. Joseph Brant

Detroit needed a pivot, and got a good fit. Jarnkrok can play, but Detroit has more getting ripe in Grand Rapids. I think it works well all around, the price was high, but it generally is in March.

And I like Geno, personally, as much as I can like someone who I don't really care about.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Absolutely true. I've been to 33 games this season, if I have my count right, with one home game left in the season. Too bad my Canes can't play well for more than two games in a row. Swept the Sharks this season. Got swept by the Flames and Oilers. Sure.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He's a fine young man

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This isn't about his genetics.